Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black WS6 owners...

This is a discussion on Black WS6 owners... within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I haven't used a clay bar, but there are a lot who have and like the results....

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I haven't used a clay bar, but there are a lot who have and like the results.

qsm
    06 gto

try this. put your hand in a ziploc bag and run it over your paint. if it doesnt run smooth and you feel little snags and bumps you need to clay bar. it should glide over the paint smoothly. the clay will "lift" small contaminates out of the paint u cant see. regardless if you clay u will feel the difference when u wax. clay and look at your clay bar after 1 panel. u will see the contaminates. it will feel much better. highly recommend it.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by staleycornell View Post
    My car didnt look like it saw much garage time when I bought it...it looked like an outside car. With the car being 10 years old, this product looked great on it. It may just be a temporary fix for those of us who wash our cars on a weekly basis. My car stays in the garage 6.95 of the 7 days per week so it will last longer for those of us who dont have our F-bodies as daily drivers. I just washed it, then put NuFinish swirl and scratch remover on it, then put the black car polish on it. It is the best the car has ever looked. I do plan on trying the Zaino brothers this summer...

Does anyone use a clay bar? I ordered the Clay bar kit from Mothers and plan on using it on my daily driver SS since it sees a lot more dirt and such...
    From what I heard Zaino is/has fillers just like the product you are using.....

Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    From what I heard Zaino is/has fillers just like the product you are using.....
    Nowhere NEAR the amount of fillers as that other stuff. But yes it has 'light' filling properties. Most LSPs do, to some degree.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Nowhere NEAR the amount of fillers as that other stuff. But yes it has 'light' filling properties. Most LSPs do, to some degree.

LOL ok...... all I know is after a short time fillers need "refilled".
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 04-06-2011 at 05:48 PM.

LMB
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by staleycornell View Post
    My car didnt look like it saw much garage time when I bought it...it looked like an outside car. With the car being 10 years old, this product looked great on it. It may just be a temporary fix for those of us who wash our cars on a weekly basis. My car stays in the garage 6.95 of the 7 days per week so it will last longer for those of us who dont have our F-bodies as daily drivers. I just washed it, then put NuFinish swirl and scratch remover on it, then put the black car polish on it. It is the best the car has ever looked. I do plan on trying the Zaino brothers this summer...

Does anyone use a clay bar? I ordered the Clay bar kit from Mothers and plan on using it on my daily driver SS since it sees a lot more dirt and such...
    Zaino worked awesome on my black SS

black
    2001 Trans Am

Another product that's good at gettin fine scratches and swirl marks out of the clear coat is 3M Rubbing Compound. I just did my T/A last week, it made an INCREDIBLE difference!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

For the correction step, I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Compound. Works great for the price.

I would rather my paint fall off than use anything by turtle wax. That 'black box' crap lasts a week or two at best. Do it right or don't bother.

Black
    2000 Tran Am WS-6

A buddy of mine swears by the clay, haven't tried it yet. Has anyone tried the budget buffer form the June 2010 High Performance Pontiac mag ? The show how to rig up a 6" buffer with some Showroom FX products. I think I'm going to try this when it warms up.
    2000 WS6 A4,Pacesetter LT,TSP catted Y, Magnaflow Catback, LS6 intake,Diablosport, Strano springs, Koni 4/3, UMI Adj Panhard, UMI LCA, Poly Motor and Tran mounts, Circle D 3B 3500 stall, Tuned by Frost

blue
    1999 TransAm

yeah, definitely do clay bar on it, ...the paint surface will be smooth after claying it. then wax after claying it. the mothers kit is great, comes w/ detailer spray that you use a lubrication for the clay bar.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    For the correction step, I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Compound. Works great for the price.

I would rather my paint fall off than use anything by turtle wax. That 'black box' crap lasts a week or two at best. Do it right or don't bother.
    I used that black box stuff and the Polish wouldn't come off, it took me two hours to get it off for some reason. Now I only use meguires.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

^ This

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

No Turtle Wax product will ever touch my cars.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    No Turtle Wax product will ever touch my cars.
    Won't make your car worth any more at the end of the day.......

Trust me.....No matter what you think.......
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information