Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Better then Zaino??

This is a discussion on Better then Zaino?? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html anyone tried this stuff?? I am stuck between ziano and ultima. Looks pretty good from this....

  1. #1
    Junior Member J1211C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    44

    red
    2000 Camaro SS

    Better then Zaino??

    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

    anyone tried this stuff?? I am stuck between ziano and ultima. Looks pretty good from this.
    Last edited by J1211C; 05-31-2008 at 08:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Member AiDRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    192

    red
    1999 WS6

    Haven't seen or heard anything about this product. I'm curious myself.

  3. #3
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    I like Zaino. It works well for many.

    But I like several other products much better. Prima is my choice. Topped with RejeX on the daily drivers and Victoria's Red on the T/A.

  4. #4
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Blasphemy
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Posts
    65

    Black
    2002 Trans Am

    Zaino has a new product called Z-CS. It is a one step wipe on walk away that can be used in conjunction with their other products (or any other manufactures), or it can be used all by itself. It's only $30
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-CS

    Plus Zaino has a great track record, where not many have heard of Ultima Polish yet.

  6. #6
    Junior Member radome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    42

    Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

    I have the new Zaino Clear Seal (CS). At the F Body Gathering in Atlanta, I talked to some folks that had used it and all said they didn't have much luck with it. I think I will try it on my Avalanche cladding. It can't look any worse than it does now.
    See ya,



    Radome

  7. #7
    Junior Member J1211C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    44

    red
    2000 Camaro SS

    I think I am going to give ultima a chance. This new nano technology is amazing. The sealant partials they claim are 10x smaller then any other products. To me that means denser sealant and tighter bonds and it will fill in the slightest imperfections. Ill post pictures up when i do it and let you guys know.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    330

    Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

    I have Zaino clear seal and have had absolutely no luck with it. No matter what technique i use to apply it, it will not fully dry up and has to be buffed away. I spread it as thin as i can but still no luck.

  9. #9
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Blasphemy
    bahahahahha

  10. #10
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by J1211C View Post
    I think I am going to give ultima a chance. This new nano technology is amazing. The sealant partials they claim are 10x smaller then any other products. To me that means denser sealant and tighter bonds and it will fill in the slightest imperfections. Ill post pictures up when i do it and let you guys know.
    Hell yeah bro! Give it a try. Personally Z5 then Z3 followed by Z10 then Z29 then Z2000 followed by Z69 then Z13 is a joke IMO.

  11. #11
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    based on the logo's alone...i'd go with zaino.

  12. #12
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I like Zaino. It works well for many.

    But I like several other products much better. Prima is my choice. Topped with RejeX on the daily drivers and Victoria's Red on the T/A.
    x2...goose gave me some prima stuff and it blew my mind.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    I want to try the Ultima Paint Protection Sealant
    I have seen reviews from detailers I respect and trust, and I think is a great product that has been improved from its original introduction

    David B. from autopia is not a person I'm too fond of, or even buy his products because he says "is better than Zaino"
    I understand he's trying to hype his products, and what better way to do it against the most popular product and one of the best out there
    I also don't agree with this statement on the UPGP description: "Ordinary waxes and paint sealants easily wash off in a matter of weeks, but Ultima Paint Guard Plus continues protecting, beading water and shining for months"

    Though he's correct to some degree, I've used some sealants that hold up against the best sealants in the market today in terms of durability, shine, and protection without the need for any kind of booster. I'm yet to use a sealant that will wash off in weeks

    I'd say UPGP is a good sealant, and I would try it on the merits of the reviews I've seen, more than what I've initially read. The UPGP has an ingredient added to its formula called Polycharger Wax Booster which is an additive that aids in durability and curing time in the same way ZFX does for Zaino. I believe the original formula didn't have the Polycharger when it first came out

  14. #14
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    x2...goose gave me some prima stuff and it blew my mind.
    Talk is cheap!
    I want some pics!

    Anyway, did you try all of that stuff; Prima, 3M, and the DG-101?
    I know that trying to remove defects by hand is a handful (no pun intended ) but the 3M 39009 is probably as effective as anything you can try by hand. Just need some patience

  15. #15
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Talk is cheap!
    I want some pics!

    Anyway, did you try all of that stuff; Prima, 3M, and the DG-101?
    I know that trying to remove defects by hand is a handful (no pun intended ) but the 3M 39009 is probably as effective as anything you can try by hand. Just need some patience
    i am working on it..i will load them up after work...i used everything...i am pretty happy with the results...with it being by hand that is...i still have very fine swirl marks that can be seen in certian angles..but the big ones and very noticeable ones are gone...i dont get the annoying glare/shine from the swirls on my rear quarter panels anymore the color has a more uniform depth now and looks deeper then before..but i think it might be time to invest in a random orbital buffer in the very near future..since there are still swirls and my front bumper has alot of over-spray from when it got repainted...but yea long story short..for a hand application i am very pleased with it.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i am working on it..i will load them up after work...i used everything...i am pretty happy with the results...with it being by hand that is...i still have very fine swirl marks that can be seen in certian angles..but the big ones and very noticeable ones are gone...i dont get the annoying glare/shine from the swirls on my rear quarter panels anymore the color has a more uniform depth now and looks deeper then before..but i think it might be time to invest in a random orbital buffer in the very near future..since there are still swirls and my front bumper has alot of over-spray from when it got repainted...but yea long story short..for a hand application i am very pleased with it.
    Get some claybar. That should take the overspray right off

  17. #17
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Get some claybar. That should take the overspray right off
    to much work..i clayed my whole car about 4 months ago...never again maybe i will just stick a claybar on a detailer and see if that works

  18. #18
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Blasphemy

  19. #19
    I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,066

    yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

    interesting!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    330

    Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

    I used a clay bar yesterday to take some overspray off of my paint actually. No fun at all, claybars do work great though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zaino ?
    By transam98 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
  2. Zaino
    By screamin chicken in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
  3. Zaino GP
    By redSSand in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. New Zaino Is Soon Here!!!
    By Spaz in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
  5. Anyone use the new Zaino ZPC?
    By Black Dragon in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •