green
    94 z28

The best white car?

Well, I'll be painting my car in a few months. I first went with black but decided against that since I have to drive on gravel a lot and that will just make it look dirty even after the day I give it a nice wash and because of heat issues.

So I finally decided on white. Where I'm going to paint it(Yes, doing it myself) we have a professional paint booth and computers that tell you exactly what color codes to use for a mixer to mix exactly what color of paint you want(also has a gun that you hold up against the car in light and it will give you the codes to do perfect matches). So I'm wanting to know what car has the best color of white for a camero. And believe me...there are TONS of different whites you can make.

Silver
    1997 T/A

I like Mercedes white. Just as a note, white will not have any reflective agent in it as far as aesthetics go, so if you're into real nice auto paint and such you arent going to get much from it. But if you're willing to pay a little more you could go with pearlescent white, that would look real nice on a camaro with all its curves. Also from what experience I have with detailing white paint coats, small physical details in the auto body are far and between because base white paint is so flat w/o reflective agents like metallics or pearlescents that depth cant be distinguished. So that can fight ya or help ya depending on if you have dings or something in it. Just throwing that out there for consideration.

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Aphix View Post
    I like Mercedes white. Just as a note, white will not have any reflective agent in it as far as aesthetics go, so if you're into real nice auto paint and such you arent going to get much from it. But if you're willing to pay a little more you could go with pearlescent white, that would look real nice on a camaro with all its curves. Also from what experience I have with detailing white paint coats, small physical details in the auto body are far and between because base white paint is so flat w/o reflective agents like metallics or pearlescents that depth cant be distinguished. So that can fight ya or help ya depending on if you have dings or something in it. Just throwing that out there for consideration.
    In the shop, he showed us little bottles of the pearlescents he had. He made sure to tell us that if we're going to accidently waste anything in that room then waste the paint, because that little bottle costed him about $200.

Silver
    1997 T/A

haha yeah that shit is expensive. but if you have the money it looks real nice in my opinion.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i like the cadillac escalade white is pearly too. but the mercedes white looks quite good to, imo house of kolor has the best looking colors ever, just my opinion check there and see what they have!

Silver
    1997 T/A

yeah i like the escalade color too.

Thread Information