Red
    1967 GTO

Best Wash and Wax

I just got my 1967 GTO painted and it looks great. I want to get some good car wash and wax for it. I want your oppinions on the best stuff to use. Also what do you use for application? Where can I get it?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I suggest for car wash you choose one that has essential oils(like Pinnacle bodyworks shampoo) not only to nurish the paint but to prevent dirt/grit from being grinded into the paint while you are washing. Another thing that helps is the ability to create alot of suds. I suggest you use a quality micro fibre wash mitt, a grit gaurd,and apply the 2 bucket method(which is nothing more that one bucket of wash soap and one bucket of clean water to wash your mitt in before dipping your mitt back in the soapy bucket-it helps prevent dirt entering the wash soap bucket). As far as a good carnuba wax that works great on Yellow,Black and Red cars I prefer Pinnacle souveran paste wax. It is applied by hand or PC and is buffed off by hand with a microfibre clothe. This wax doesnt dry-wipes on wet and wipes off wet. Not only does it give great results-its the easiest wax I have ever used(damn I sound like a commercial). Leaves the paint wet and oily looking. This is just what I like. For many years I too thought washing and waxing was all I needed to maintain a great looking car finish but there is alot more to it. When you post 20 times I think you will have private message privledges and I can send you a few links to help you out. It is against the rules to give links to non sponsor sites.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 12-14-2007 at 01:08 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I guess there wouldnt be a problem with giving you a link to a site that gives information about washing,waxing,and detailing your car. Here you go:http://www.autogeekonline.net/

This is a great instuctional video series that is very helpful:http://www.auto-geek.net/video/pinnacle/Pinnacle.html
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 12-14-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MY67GTO View Post
    I just got my 1967 GTO painted and it looks great. I want to get some good car wash and wax for it. I want your oppinions on the best stuff to use. Also what do you use for application? Where can I get it?
    That depends, are you looking for over the counter stuff or boutique products? You can get good products either way. By the way there really is no "best", as its all subjective and personal opinion. The "best" stuff is just whatever you are happy with and works for you.

Red
    1967 GTO

That is why I asked for opinions. I do not want to spend a fortune on the stuff either.

blue
    1970 camaro

wax

Mequires makes good products you cant go wrong with their products, their tech wax is awesome try that you will be happy man

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I've used TFP polymer for over 10 years on all my cars now. love it. I could dukes of hazzard slide over my hood for a month, and it beads up badass. Anyways, They sell it here in Houston, and don't think I can post their website. Good stuff though.

glimmerglassdetailing.com

Topaz Blue, White
    2002 BMW M3, S10 Xtreme

LIke 2klsi said, there is no "best" product. There are certainly good and "not as good" products, but a lot of the product lines like poorboys, optimum, pinnacle, p21s, chemical guys, menzerna, etc etc are all pretty much at the level of high quality. Pinnacle and menzerna are certainly not budget products imo, but do work very well.

For washing, I prefer sheepskin wash mitts. I think they do a great job of cleaning, however, they do a great job of releasing the debris into the wash bucket as opposed to microfiber, which again, imo, doesnt release the dirt as well.
    For waxing purposes, I tend to use foam applicator pads and removal is obviously w/ microfiber towels

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MY67GTO View Post
    That is why I asked for opinions. I do not want to spend a fortune on the stuff either.
    I hear ya, although for some of us though its a bit of an obsession and we end up spending more money than we want to anyways. For over the counter products that are relatively inexpensive Meguiars as has already been suggested makes some good stuff. Their #26 hi-tech yellow wax and #21 sealant are well liked as is their gold class shampoo for washing. If you have a Carquest in your area, they carry Duragloss which also makes a good shampoo and sealant among other products. Mothers Reflections line also has good products. If you're willing to go online Poorboys and Optimum also have a reasonable price point. Just remember a product that some people just love, someone else will be rather underwhelmed by it and prefer something else. You just have to try out different products and see what you like. Oh... and get some good microfiber towels and a sheepskin wash mitt. You don't want to scratch up that new paint job right away.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Imo when you have a car you care about and want to protect and make look good-$150-$200 worth of quality products is well worth the investment-especially when you consider the price of a paint job.

glimmerglassdetailing.com

Topaz Blue, White
    2002 BMW M3, S10 Xtreme

Not only the cost of a paint job, but a quality detail job from a pro is going to run you 3-500+ dollars depending on the amount of correction required. Investing in some quality products that will reduce the chance of having major paint correction required pays for itself

red
    1965 chevelle 2drht ss

show winning shine

look online company called the wax depot great stuff pure carnuba wax excellent uv protection these guys have done there chemistry they stand by there product

RED
    there is a guy on ls1gto.com that sells some super fantastic wax. the pics are amazing but it carries a super hefty price. many swear by it though.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Just order this and be done with it:http://www.autoanything.com/car-care...?from_search=1

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Just order this and be done with it:http://www.autoanything.com/car-care...?from_search=1
    You sh1t head....You made me open that up !!!!!! LOL.......Really though I dont know why you have to spend alot of money to get good resuits or go to the GTO forums to figure this out ........

Busting some ass................
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Hey-it comes with lifetime refills! never buy wax again!!! What a deal!

red
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Imo when you have a car you care about and want to protect and make look good-$150-$200 worth of quality products is well worth the investment-especially when you consider the price of a paint job.
    Good point. Never thought about it like that before.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I use Zaino products on my car. Used to use Meguiars exclusively until I saw a friend's car that had Zaino on it. I switched and never looked back.

You can only get it online and they are a sponsor of this site. Read the tips and tricks pagr for instructions on getting the most out of your car's shine.

http://www.ls1.com/phpadsnew/adclick...zainostore.com

Thread Information