Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Best Car Wax for my t/a

This is a discussion on Best Car Wax for my t/a within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Zaino is a polish not a wax correct? Or am I wrong here. If I am then I'm a dumbass ...

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Zaino is a polish not a wax correct? Or am I wrong here. If I am then I'm a dumbass but I believe Zaino is a polish not a wax.

I use Ardex products, very underrated

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Zaino is a polish not a wax correct? Or am I wrong here. If I am then I'm a dumbass but I believe Zaino is a polish not a wax.
    Correct.

pewter
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    Correct.
    Not exactly. When something on the shelf says "polish" it usually means the compound contains mild abrasives, to remove surface imperfections/swirl marks, etc. Zaino calls ALL their formulas "polish" even if they have no abrasives.

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedTwoEight
    Not exactly. When something on the shelf says "polish" it usually means the compound contains mild abrasives, to remove surface imperfections/swirl marks, etc. Zaino calls ALL their formulas "polish" even if they have no abrasives.
    Zaino contains no wax, so...not sure what you would call the products that are neither a wax nor a polish by definition.

kodiak
    Zaino !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IL Camaro Club Member z28smokin's Avatar

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Meguiars tech wax is awsome.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak
    Zaino !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its all I use.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

I've tried using Zaino even with the "fast cure" additive that they have but I still get streaks!! (And, believe me, I don't mind giving my business to a fellow Jersey guy...) Any help?? I now use Klasse' products "All-In-Wonder" and "High Gloss Sealant Glaze" and I like the results that I've been getting. Plus, there's no long extended drying time even in hot humid Jersey weather. Put it on, it hazes right up and polish it off with a clean microfiber towel. Works for me.

Silver
    2001 Lincoln LS

If I am not mistaken, that is exactly the point of Zaino recommending the use of Dawn for the first time wash only. It works better when applied on a wax free surface.

1994 POS

One thing I don't like or recommend at all from zaino is using dawn, even a little to remove wax. it hurts the clear coat

red
    98 camaro z28 m6

mothers reflections is about $18 a bottle, i love it

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by m1i2k9e
    If I am not mistaken, that is exactly the point of Zaino recommending the use of Dawn for the first time wash only. It works better when applied on a wax free surface.
    The first time I used Zaino I washed the car with a regular car wash, then I used a Mother's clay bar over the entire car with the clay bar lube. I then washed the car off with Dawn but I didn't like the way it dulled the clearcoat. I don't remember which 'Z - #' product I used, but it was the thicker stuff that he recommends using for the first & second coats. I used the 'Fast-Cure' catalyst (the blue liquid in a small dropper bottle) with both coats. I applied both coats the same day, 2 hours between each coat and I made a fresh batch of catalyzed Zaino each time. That's the ONLY time I didn't get any streaking with Zaino. Even the mist-on Zaino detailing spray doesn't completely remove the streaks! Since I do actually ENJOY DRIVING my car ONCE IN A WHILE, I've stopped using Zaino and have switched to Klasse' products with good results. If anyone can enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong with the Zaino products, PLEASE let me know! Thanks, and have a`safe and happy holiday!

BRIGHT RED
    2002 TRANS AM FIREHAWK VT

My votes for ZAINO BABY!

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

From their site

The secret to using Zaino Show Car Polish is to start with a super-clean paint surface. Prior to applying your first coat of Zaino Show Car Polish, we highly recommend washing with Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove as much oil, grease, wax and road film as possible. If your cars paint finish is perfectly smooth, you can then proceed to the Zaino Show Car Polish system.

Using your hand, if you feel bumps and areas of roughness, we highly recommend using our Z-18 ClayBar, which will remove all surface contamination not removed by washing with Dawn. By the way, Dawn should not be used as your regular wash. Z-7 Show Car Wash is the proper shampoo to use with the Zaino Show Car Polish system. Used too frequently, Dawn will dull your paint (two to three times a year is fine).

After washing with Dawn and using Z-18 ClayBar, a quick wash with Z-7 Show Car Wash is recommended. The gloss enhancers and lubricants used in Z-7 improve the ease-of-application of step two, ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive enabled Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches. ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive should used with the first coat of Zaino Show Car Polish, but can be used as often as you like, see the ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive page for details.

Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish (Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5) into a 2-ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4-5 drops of ZFX (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 seconds.

While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so ZFX can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.

The third step is to apply your choice of Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches using a clean 100% cotton, made in the USA, Zaino Custom Polish Applicator. Our applicators are specially designed 100% virgin cotton pad, with special reversed stitching to prevent scratching of paint surfaces. Pour a small nickel (1 inch) size dab of Zaino Show Car Polish on your applicator. To help with even coverage, spread the nickel sized Zaino Show Car Polish out on the applicator pad like butter on bread before wiping on. On top panels, apply Zaino Show Car Polish using front-to-back hand motions. On side panels, use up-and-down hand motions. This helps improve reflectivity. Theres no need to rub hard or long, just apply thin and even coats. Apply the Show Car Polish to the whole car and allow it to haze. Once hazed, you can buff of the light residue immediately or allow it to sit for a few hours or over night. No matter how long your let it sit, it will still be easy to buff off to a beautiful finish.

To buff, use a clean, dry 100% cotton, made in the USA, cloth buffing towel. The higher quality towel you use, the better your results. For most cars, you will need two towels to adequately buff off the Show Car Polish residue.

The final step is optional, but offers exceptional results. Give your car a final wipe down with Z-6 Ultra-Clean Gloss Enhancing Spray. Z-6 further enhances the Show Car Polish shine and picks up any remaining residue around emblems, seals and crevices.

To increase and improve your show car shine, apply one or more additional coats of Show Car Polish. Wait a minimum of 12 hours between coats, or use our new ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. When you add ZFX to your Show Car Polish you dont need to use Z-1 Polish-LOK, and theres virtually no wait time required between coats of Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5 Show Car Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar
    The first time I used Zaino I washed the car with a regular car wash, then I used a Mother's clay bar over the entire car with the clay bar lube. I then washed the car off with Dawn but I didn't like the way it dulled the clearcoat. I don't remember which 'Z - #' product I used, but it was the thicker stuff that he recommends using for the first & second coats. I used the 'Fast-Cure' catalyst (the blue liquid in a small dropper bottle) with both coats. I applied both coats the same day, 2 hours between each coat and I made a fresh batch of catalyzed Zaino each time. That's the ONLY time I didn't get any streaking with Zaino. Even the mist-on Zaino detailing spray doesn't completely remove the streaks! Since I do actually ENJOY DRIVING my car ONCE IN A WHILE, I've stopped using Zaino and have switched to Klasse' products with good results. If anyone can enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong with the Zaino products, PLEASE let me know! Thanks, and have a`safe and happy holiday!

Blk/blk
    2007 Z06

Adams!

BRIGHT RED
    2002 TRANS AM FIREHAWK VT

Adams? Never heard of it. Is this a wax?
    Last edited by 02HawkEye; 12-29-2005 at 06:38 AM.

s100 - same thing as p21s, but can be bought at a harley dealer. great stuff!

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Zaino is the best car polish out there bar none!! Iv use mcgwires and 4-5 other types of wax.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar

Your supose to dawn it before you use any kind of car wash to strip the car of all the waxes. It may have been that the zaino mixed with the car wash from another brand that you used. Or it could be that you applied way to much zaino. When you use zaino you put it on in very thin coats. It also could be that you waited to long to remove it. With the fast cure you should be able to remove it after about a half hour. I usually put a coat on and by the time im done covering the whole car I start wiping it off.

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Zaino is not a wax or a polish but a sealer. This is how it is able to protect so well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information