Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3rd Coat of Zaino on the New GTO... Awesome!

This is a discussion on 3rd Coat of Zaino on the New GTO... Awesome! within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Gotta love that shine and durability!...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Gotta love that shine and durability!

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by bastien View Post
    nice car! where do you live? Those mail boxes/houses look very familiar.
    I live in Oviedo, FL home built by Engle. They are a pretty large home builder and styles of their communities pretty consistent.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank View Post
    Dude im sorry.....but fuck the car....that is a nice fucking house!!! lol

By the way the paint looks awsome....

LOl how much that house cost?
    Sorry for the late reply. Been busy as heck at work and keeping up the house and yard.

The back yard is 5,000 sq feet of lawn and backs up to a wooded, conservation area. Here's what I feel like after doing that... (I'm the yellow guy). I've got to go do that today... no snow in central Florida, but still got to cut the grass.

Thanks on the home. It looks a lot bigger across the front than it really is. It's only about 1/2 as deep.

We bought it three years ago, about $335k. It was a huge stretch for us. We were able to make a decent downpayment from the increased value/equity of our old home. The same model with a smaller back yard sold in our neighborhood for over $600k recently. I could never afford it today.
    Last edited by Tom 06 GTO; 12-31-2006 at 06:56 AM.

blk / midnight blu
    02 bc4 / 05 gto

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ls2fast View Post
    Zaino, rocks! I used it for the first time on my midnight blue 05 GTO. Five hand rub coats, arm was ready to fall off, but all worth it. 1k miles this summer, never had to wash it. Its now dusty but I am sure it will rinse off> I was so pozest that I went to JC pennies just to buy AMERICAM MADE COTTON BATH TOWELS @$16.00 a peice, got them home and cut them up. My wife think I'm nuts. Yea, don't forget to start off washing it down w/ dawn dish detergent...take all the waxes and other shit off.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ls2fast View Post
    Zaino, rocks! I used it for the first time on my midnight blue 05 GTO. Five hand rub coats, arm was ready to fall off, but all worth it. 1k miles this summer, never had to wash it. Its now dusty but I am sure it will rinse off> I was so pozest that I went to JC pennies just to buy AMERICAM MADE COTTON BATH TOWELS @$16.00 a peice, got them home and cut them up. My wife think I'm nuts. Yea, don't forget to start off washing it down w/ dawn dish detergent...take all the waxes and other shit off.
    $16 each? That's a little steep for 100% cotton towels. I got mine for around $5 each on sale. Target has a good deal on 100% American made cotton towels, too.

You got very good quality, at least.

silver
    2002 Mustang GT

Is zaino better than meguiars? I been using meguiars, and i been pretty happy with them. But it seems like everyone likes zaino better. If it can get my silver car to shine more then ill make at switch.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Is zaino better than meguiars?
    Yes, plain and simple.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Yes, plain and simple.
    Boy.....

I wish it were that plain and simple......

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Boy.....

I wish it were that plain and simple......
    You got me confused, have you used Zaino and disliked it or had problems with it?

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You got me confused, have you used Zaino and disliked it or had problems with it?
    Yea I use Zaino. Used it for the last 6 years. I do like it (at least I keep telling myself that) that its one of the best. And it is one of the best. But... There are others that that are as nice to use, maybe not as long lasting but as easy to use and as good as shine.
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Yea I use Zaino. Used it for the last 6 years. I do like it (at least I keep telling myself that) that its one of the best. And it is one of the best. But... There are others that that are as nice to use, maybe not as long lasting but as easy to use and as good as shine.

Ok, now I see what you mean and agree for the most part as well. There are others out there that shine just/protect just as well for the short term, but nothing I am experienced with that has the durability of Zaino.

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

i have a 99 formy..thusly the name..and have put quite a few miles on her and not all were at 75-80 if you get my drift... so i have some serious harsh bug issues what the hell can i use to get them OUT??? i have used Meguires car wash/ Shining Monkey car wash/ Tide/ Dawn..and NOTHING WORKS..i mean damn!!! my car isn't flawless but i want her to look good ya know?

white w/ silver stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I definitely agree, awesome car and house. I just ordered some of that wax, I hope I like it more then I like the maguires

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I use Meguires NXT Tech Wax liquid. I've been very happy with it, but the durability of the shine could be better.

Anyone used both Meguires NXT Tech Wax and Zaino and have a comparison of both??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I use Meguires NXT Tech Wax liquid. I've been very happy with it, but the durability of the shine could be better.

Anyone used both Meguires NXT Tech Wax and Zaino and have a comparison of both??

I use Zaino on the Camaro and I recently used the NXT on my g/fs Sunfire. I was very impressed with the NXT. I had seen it on a buddies C5 and it shined great. The NXT didn't seem to hold up near as long as the Zaino though. The shine comparisons were very similar I would say though.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Yea I have........
    "IMO" the NXT shines as good and wipes off easier than Zaino. Not saying Zaino is hard to get to off by no means but I just think NXT is alittle easier. NXT does'nt last quite as long but is real user friendly. Again......IMO......

Two big plus's with Zaino is durability and it does'nt stain trim at all which I like alot. You can use it on just about anything. Got to be alittle careful with NXT around trim........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information