Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

Wiring Amp and Subs

Hello all,

Im looking to wire and amp and 2 subs in a single box into my 02 z-28. Im a complete newb when it comes to anything electrical so im looking for a lot of help. can anyone give me any kind of steps as to where to start and end with wiring? or even better, if anyone could give me step by step instructions as to how to do it that would be awesome.

Thanks,

PureSpeed

Black
    99 Z28

No offense meant at all, but if you are completely unsure and have never done anything like it. Find a friend in your area and have them help you. Explaining things over the net is just not gonna help ya much.

There's a crazy amount of information here

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Indeed, its fairly complicated stuff if you don't have anything to start off. And if you mess something up, one of the things I have personally *SEEN* happen, is a guys car start on fire.. So might want to find someone in the area like said before to help you, teach you, or pay to get it done.

I dont understand your question.

"to wire and amp and 2 subs in a single box "

Have not clue what a "box" is.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

he means in a single speaker box.. with these cars your best bet is to do 2 10s or 12s in a sealed box. they don't have the room for ported or a bandpass setup (the bass won't sound clean) as far as th wiring it is fairly simple if you know how you are going to run the wires and how to pull your deck. You basicallu just have 3 wires worry about to get your amp to turn on. Power- which would be best to be wired straight to the battery with a inline fuse and/or capacitor.

Remote- which should be the blue wire coming off of just about any aftermarket deck. that just supplies a small omount of power to the amp so the amp knows to turn on with the deck.

Ground- very simple, straight off the amp and find a good chassis point near the amp to attach the other end

ok now you should have power next thing you need is a music signal from the deck and that just comes from the rca output on the deck to the rca input on your amp.

now the amp is all set. only thing is hooking up your speaker wire and blowing out your ears.. have fun

chameleon
    98 T/A

well in all honesty if you have never done it and are impatient like most people then you will find yourself with a dismantled car in a hurry to get it back together. before you head back to school or work or ect... you must use the right wire the right amp fuse the right ohm speakers with the right ohm amps adaquate air space and not cause a fire from too much draw with too little wire. ever seen a cool looking car on the side of the road burnt to the ground. find a friend

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

ok soo I guess people think its much more complicated than it has to be. if you have the will to get the job done right and put everything back together then it will be fine, just don't get lazy once its operational like ole f bomb did lol. as for wire size and fuse ratings.. I'm guessing you will be buying the equipment at a store, one that possibly sells audio equipment?? if so they can assist you with a wiring kit with the correct size wires and fuses.. like I said before its not that difficult

I aggree its no big deal. Of course it helps if you have an idea of how to do so. But your instructs are great.

My advice is for you is to read the detail for you amp and radio and know the correct wires. If not you can get a testing tool -its like a flat screw driver with a light and a wire for ground that light up when their is juice. You can get it at a auto place fore like 5 bucks. With this tool, you can check which radio wire is controlled by the ignition, and which radio wire is straight to the battery. Its not complicated, if you got a camera and get stuck post picks and im sure we can help you out.

check out page 2, shows you where run the wire through the firewall.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240468
    Last edited by ferocity; 09-09-2006 at 03:50 AM. Reason: clear up sentences

it isnt a big deal systems rock

Thread Information