white

window motor wont come out?

hey guys, I'm in the middle of changing out my passanger window motor on my 98 z28 and having some problems..
    I drilled out the 2 rivets that were there, It looks like someone else had already taken out the other one.
    It seems like the motor itself is mostly free but the gear is stuck in the regulator. The everything that isn't attached to the gear or regulator moves but I cant move the motor up or down just side to side from the flex of the regulator. Any ideas on what could have happened or what i can do?
    Thanks in advance for any help. And I know there are instructions up on autotrix and I've gone through it numerous times but this doesn't seem normal.

white

ok just found out the motor is riveted or something to the regulator. is this normal?

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Yep

Use this as a guide.

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

white

ok thanks for that but I checked 2 minutes too late.
    I ended up dropping half the regulator and almost having the one thats connected to a spring cut my finger off. Now I'll see what I can do with this mess haha.

any idea if I can just pull that part back to the correct side and attach it or do I have to remove the whole regulator now?

Cardinal Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
    ok thanks for that but I checked 2 minutes too late.
    I ended up dropping half the regulator and almost having the one thats connected to a spring cut my finger off. Now I'll see what I can do with this mess haha.

any idea if I can just pull that part back to the correct side and attach it or do I have to remove the whole regulator now?
    you can get it all back to where it needs to be, i just went through this the other night in my 99 TA. I drilled the whole mounting plate out and lost half a finger nail when the regulater spring slammed around. We reattached everything with bolts and large washers and then drilled out the rivets that have the motor attached to the mounting plate. Took us FOREVER but we got it done and the motor is like ICE now....Quick up and down....lol

white

After my experience with it and the frustration it caused, I just bought a new motor and regulator that are warranted and having it installed at a shop. I hate having to pay for things I can do at home but just the fact that it will be done and any chance that its not right and drops the window or something I'll be able to take it back with free replacement. Plus I just got all that itchy crap off of me from whatever the doors are made of haha

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

i thought i was in over my head but i followed the step by step procedure and all is well. My window is moving great!!
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
    After my experience with it and the frustration it caused, I just bought a new motor and regulator that are warranted and having it installed at a shop. I hate having to pay for things I can do at home but just the fact that it will be done and any chance that its not right and drops the window or something I'll be able to take it back with free replacement. Plus I just got all that itchy crap off of me from whatever the doors are made of haha
    Fiberglass and man does it itch.. Glad to see you figured it out tho.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white

o I got it figured out all right.. 177 for labor and 125 for a new regulator.. Now my driver windows starting to slow down..
    Can I please do some performance mods haha
    o well thanks again guys

Thread Information