Thread: will it fit?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

will it fit?

I found a deal on this head unit. Jensen VM8013HD I found actual dementions and it is 7x7x2. Crutchfield says it wont fit. I have a 97 camaro with the ls1 style dash and radio area. I have been looking but can not seem to find how deep of a radio I can put in there. Anyone know? I also am thinking of using the HUmount but that all depends on if I need more mounting room. I don't want it to look tacky. If anyone knows how deep the opening is for the radio bay please post back. I have seen that it is arround 5 and a half to 6 before the tab but know one says how deep it is with out the tab in there. thanks

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

According to their site, 5-3/4" depth is max for the 1997.

I have a 1996 and the depth was 6-11/16".

Not sure what the difference is that would restrict it.

I've used Crutchfield a bit in the past when I was more into systems, and have found their information to be pretty accurate.

Maybe give them a call and ask?

red
    2000 Z28

If the 97 is anything like my '00 behind the dash, there's a plastic support bracket that I had to snap off and metal support that had to bend a bit to fit my Alpine IDA-x001 with the HUMount kit.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

yea, thanks guys for your thoughts. I went a head and ordered the HUmount and the head unit. I took a tape to it and it looks like I will have about 8 after I remove the tab in the back. Might be snug next the relay box or what ever it is but I figure if I have to I will move it. couldn't pass up on that headunit for $150 bucks.

Thread Information