Black
    1999 Camaro SS

What's a really good speaker setup?

I wanna keep it affordable, as in less than $150.

white
    2000 Z28

headphones and an ipod shuffle. lol jk but there is no way you would get a set of 6 speakers or 8 if you have the full monsoon system for under 150 bucks new or not stolen. really good and cheap dont mix too well. now decent and cheap which imo would be a used set up from another f-body with the full monsoon system. all aspects of expensive hobbys are expensive not 1 part cheap and the rest high price. in these vehicle you will always have to pay if you want things legally. besides i hear our stock units are originally set to run at 1 ohms... PITA to find cheap 1 ohm stuff from what little i looked at. but hey i only looked at like 2 different speakers and i gave up sound because it goes against my final goal for the car.

Navy Blue Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Don't know for 150 but if I were you go to crutchfield.com and look around...I just ordered 4 6.5" Infinity Kappa speakers for mine and a 4x50W alpine amp with a wiring kit for $350. I just called Crutchfield and they have really great customer service. I talked with them for twenty minutes deciding what was best for the car. They had speakers and an amp all for 50% off, free shipping and no sales tax. You cant go wrong with crutchfield. Kappas are really great speakers too. It also depends if you have the monsoon system. If you do it is usually recommended to disconnect the rear speakers and run 4 6.5" in the front and back seats and bypass the monsoon amp because it doesnt work the best with aftermarket systems because they are designed that the front speakers provide the base while the back provide the mids and highs (from what I've been told...Im not an expert)

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

search the vast internet!!!!!! and buy manufacture defected speakers or the ones that were refobed.....can get them for at least half off.....i got my infinity kappa 6x9s for my winter beater for around 100 bucks....they were 250 in crutchfield at teh time....they sound fantastic and i found nothing wrong with them

Navy Blue Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    search the vast internet!!!!!! and buy manufacture defected speakers or the ones that were refobed.....can get them for at least half off.....i got my infinity kappa 6x9s for my winter beater for around 100 bucks....they were 250 in crutchfield at teh time....they sound fantastic and i found nothing wrong with them
    if you keep an eye out on crutchfield, when they get new models in...last years speakers go to half off. Thats how I got my Kappas for half price and they are brand new rather than refurbished so you dont have to worry it there is something wrong with them and if by chance there was you can send them back.

white
    1993 gmc typhoon

i get clarion off ebay and it sounds good and is cheap price wise

No way you can buy a speaker for $150. Even clarion is not at $150. Just hope you get something this Christmas to buy the speakers.

white
    1993 gmc typhoon

i'd worry about the front speakers first and if you can only replace them you'll be happier

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 01NBMSS View Post
    if you keep an eye out on crutchfield, when they get new models in...last years speakers go to half off. Thats how I got my Kappas for half price and they are brand new rather than refurbished so you dont have to worry it there is something wrong with them and if by chance there was you can send them back.
    didnt know that...nice....infinity references also sound great for the money and there far less than the kappas....im sure u could get 2 sets of speakers for under 150

Thread Information