white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

what type of 4 channels you guys use??

i was running a jbl power series 300 4 `channel this amp realy Bl*ws
    it is way to bright like somebody is yelling in youre ears
    and i ajusted my head unit alpine iva-d300 about 10.000 times....
    i have my ta for 4 years and my system has never sounded right !!!!!!!!

i am runing infinity perfect in the front jbl in the back ..

i am thinking of getting a jl audio 300/4
    or new series alpine 4 channel

what kinda amps do you guys have that sound awesome in an f-body ?

clear clean and loud !!!

thanks a lot for the replys greetings barry

Your problem is not the amp. Bright highs is an issue of tweeters. And just so happens you have Infinity Perfects, which are probally some of the most harsh tweeters out. I would strongly suggest you look for new tweeters and run active, or a run a new component set. You will find the sound you are looking for in silk dome tweeters, rather than metal tweeters, like the Infinitys.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I only run real old school amps. Which have alot better sound quality. I would find something on Ebay way before I would buy any of that imported Jap JL junk.

This amp would sound 20x better regaurless of what speakers it was pushing!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-School-Art-S...QQcmdZViewItem

If you want something super clean in sound and looks this will be better than ANY 4 channel you can buy today for $450!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Precision-Power-...QQcmdZViewItem

One of the BEST 4 channel EVER made........... Not sure how much you want to spend but I have a couple of these and they are awesome to say the least.
    You can ask any real "audiophile" and he will tell you this POWER Series from Rockford in 90,91,92,93 where some of the best EVER built.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE...QQcmdZViewItem

The kid is somewhat right on the tweeters. You can get a nice adj. crossover and cut alot of that high freq. out to make them less "bright".
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

thanks for the info .. yeah i heard left and right that infinity is bright on the highs way to bright ... but i was listening to a set at the local stero shop here wher jl audio c5 6,5 these actualy sound awesome .. but i am thinking of the zr series jl audio ... and my budget for an amp is not really an issue i don't mind spending 1000 dollars on an amp as long as it sounds good .. thanks for youre reply

If your willing to spend that much, look into the Rainbow Powerline series. Remarkable mids and amazing tweets, the Cal28s. I used to run the Rainbow Germaniums, a few sets down, and uses the Cal25 silk, that was one of the nicest sounding component sets I have heard.

As for the old school amps, why are you set on them? SQ is purley subject and really you can not tell the difference of SQ with an amp. If all variables are the same, same power, no distortion, you must have some magical ears to tell the differences.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    If your willing to spend that much, look into the Rainbow Powerline series. Remarkable mids and amazing tweets, the Cal28s. I used to run the Rainbow Germaniums, a few sets down, and uses the Cal25 silk, that was one of the nicest sounding component sets I have heard.

As for the old school amps, why are you set on them? SQ is purley subject and really you can not tell the difference of SQ with an amp. If all variables are the same, same power, no distortion, you must have some magical ears to tell the differences.
    Ok I'll head down to Best Buy and pick up a amp Thanks.

Sorry but I guess true Audiophiles have those "magical ears" and can hear that drastic differfence.

Are you the same audiophiles that swear that $20,000 speaker wire is better than $100 speaker wire?

Grabbing a Sony amp, I'm sure you can hear a difference, figuring those amps are horribly built. And probally start distorting rather quick. But to tell me a Zapco, ADS, Sundown, Arc, and others are far less superior to amps of the 90s, is just a lie. For one old school amps are far less effcient, put out much less power, and are bigger and bulkier.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Are you the same audiophiles that swear that $20,000 speaker wire is better than $100 speaker wire?

Grabbing a Sony amp, I'm sure you can hear a difference, figuring those amps are horribly built. And probally start distorting rather quick. But to tell me a Zapco, ADS, Sundown, Arc, and others are far less superior to amps of the 90s, is just a lie. For one old school amps are far less effcient, put out much less power, and are bigger and bulkier.
    Well with that wonderful response we can see what kind of member your going to be!
    I won't waste anymore time on you. Buy your new Zapco or ADS cause they are still as good as they once were.

Well why don't you prove to me they are better? I am making my argument, where is yours, besides just your an "audiophile"? Prove me to they are better, with any facts you have. I am always willing to learn, so please explain your reasoning. Also if they are better, why aren't "old school" amps abundant in IASCA & MECA events?

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

thankss for al the replys i think i just need to find a store that has these expensive brands ... why do al the store's carry the more famous brands like alpine,kicker,jbl and not the brands like rainbow en hifonics
    i just need to fing a store here in orlando and start listening ...

thanks thanks

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

i HAVE A SYSTEM IN ALL THREE OF MY CARS ALL DIF ALL SOUND GOOD i USED TO LIKE INFINITY SPEAKERS BUT WENT THROUGH SO MANY SO NOW IN MY TA i HAVE A HIGH END FIVE CHANNEL PPI AMP,KICKER L5 SUB(THE SQUARE ONE) DIAMOND AUDIO 6 INCH WITH TWEETER AND CROSSOVER IN FRONT, POLK 6INCH WITH TWEETER AND CROSSOVER IN REAR ALPINE DECK SOUNDS AWESOME BUT PRICY GOT BOUT 4500 IN IT,,, MY MUSTANG HAS ALPINE DECK ALPINE V12 AMP(FOUR CHANNEL) BOSTON ACOUSTICS IN FRONT ALPINE IN REAR AND 10 PUNCH SUB,,,,,,MY MONTERO HAS A PUNCH AMP AND TWELVE IN IT.. ALL SOUND GREAT ,,,,,,, MY REC BUY DECENT WIRES MID RANGE AND GOOD SPEAKERS

Quote Originally Posted by barryz View Post
    thankss for al the replys i think i just need to find a store that has these expensive brands ... why do al the store's carry the more famous brands like alpine,kicker,jbl and not the brands like rainbow en hifonics
    i just need to fing a store here in orlando and start listening ...

thanks thanks
    Hifonics is a budget brand really. Rainbow, there is only 2 dealers in the whole country I believe. Orlando should have a lot of dealers up there.

i like JL audio ,

Hifonics is a budget brand really. Rainbow, there is only 2 dealers in the whole country I believe. Orlando should have a lot of dealers up there.
    How are Hifonics a budget brand, because their amps are built with quality.

Actually if you have ever spent money on quality wire and connectors you would know the difference. From reading your post I would have to ask if you are the type of person that believes that cheap connectors and wire will proform the same as higher dollar brands. Older amps may not be as efficent as some newer class D amps, but older amps like Orion HCCA's, and US Amps were monsters when bridged down.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Budget brand.... LOL They are JAP JUNK!!
    HiFonics went bankrupt in the early 90's and were bought out by the same company that bought everyone else out.Autotek,Crunch,MB Quarts,& HiFonics.
    Stephen Mantz is the MAN that designed all those amps. He also made most of the circuit boards for other in the late 80'-late 90's.
    If you don't know who he is then you don't know anything about real power.

The MAN that made HiFonics,Autotek,Crunch
    Quote Originally Posted by jperkins812 View Post
    How are Hifonics a budget brand, because their amps are built with quality.

Actually if you have ever spent money on quality wire and connectors you would know the difference. From reading your post I would have to ask if you are the type of person that believes that cheap connectors and wire will proform the same as higher dollar brands. Older amps may not be as efficent as some newer class D amps, but older amps like Orion HCCA's, and US Amps were monsters when bridged down.
    I would Love to call Steve @ ZED Audio on 3 way (that made all the HiFonics amps) so you could tell that there new Jap built amps are quality......... LOL
    Yeah you can take that flat sounding class d shit. My real Zues from 92 just put down 1287 watts @ 14.6v at a mere 4@ohms bridged. That was one of the things Steve was able to design. You didn't need to drop it down to 2 or even .5 ohm to get un godly power. My 1287 watt Zues would be comparable to some 3000 watt new POS. I talk with Steve on a regular basis and there is MANY reason ALL old ZED Audio amps bring BIG money on Ebay.

I won't waste the time to try to debate the true sound quality of old versus new. If you don't know sorry about your luck. You can EASILY hear the difference. Do you even know what headroom is........?

Anyways if you are stuck on this new Class D style of amp Steve still deigns the sickest amps out there. Here is a link to his site. His class D's are the only ones I have ever heard that aren't flat.
    http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/home.html

HiFonics is NOT HiFonics and hasn't been since late 94 early 95.

Thread Information