Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

what sail panel speakers should i buy???

I have a 2000 trans am and i have been looking for some speakers for my sail panels because my stock ones blew. My front and hatch speakers are still stock and i am going to keep the stock HU and maybe the amp. I herd that the infinity kappa 62.7i are good for our cars but want to make sure how it works from the people that have actually done it. The elemental design eu-700 seem pretty good too but i dont no if they will fit. If there are any other suggestions about other speakers please tell me because im not an expert at this at all, just going with the words from other people. So PLEASE help me.

Thanks

black
    98 z28 m6

My first suggestion is to go back to school.
    Next, what the hell is a sail panel? I know what you mean by some other things you wrote but honestly? Those speakers are only used as subs, no actual music comes out of them. Maybe thats why you think they are blown And speakers are speakers. The same speaker isnt going to be any better in one car then another unless its powered/enclosed diff.

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Hi don't get the 62.7 for sail panel replacements they are designed for mids and highs not bass I would suggest buying an amplified bass tube if you like the bass of the factory monsoon and not looking for much more bass because the factory monsoon speakers blow easily or if your looking for more add single or dual subwoofers and a amp but if you want a bass tube I have a new one that has been barely used and the only reason i'm taking it out of my car is for more bass but it sounds just as good or a little bit better than the factory monsoon subs its an 8" rampage amplified bass tube with 200 peak/100 rms watts and I'll let it go for $60 shipped in the original box with all the warranty papers and all.

what?

black
    2000 ss

hes talkin about the speakers in the back in the sail u know in the trunk NOT the back seat ones(hatch) so hes not talkin bout puttin the infinty ones in to replace the subs

oh

White
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    Next, what the hell is a sail panel? I know what you mean by some other things you wrote but honestly? Those speakers are only used as subs, no actual music comes out of them. Maybe thats why you think they are blown And speakers are speakers. The same speaker isnt going to be any better in one car then another unless its powered/enclosed diff.
    Well i dont wont to get any info from you bc evidently you dont know anything about the f-body. You problly dont even know what an f-body is. But n e ways i have a 10" sub in the back and i dont know if i should get the eu-700 for the sail panels (the speakers in the back seat) bc i dont no if they will fit. Does anybody know about them?

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

The eu-700 don't fit a few people have used them by grinding on them to make them fit but I've heard some bad things about them to when it comess to using them in f-bodies with the monsoon system not saying they ara bad speakers but if you already have a 10" subwoofer don't even worry about replacing the sail panel speakers because they only get bass signals from the factory amp and you wont be able to hear the bass from them anyway because your 10" subwoofer will be producing so much more bass so just delete the sail panel speakers and keep your 10" subwoofer for bass and if your looking for a cleaner sound replace the factory cd player with an aftermarket one and it will sound 10x's better than the factory monsoon cd placer because the factory cd player gives out alot off bad frequency's that make the factory speakers distort when you turn the volume up just add a few more dollars that you are looking to spend on sail panel replacements and buy an aftermarket cd player.

White
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

well the sub that i have in there right now doesnt seem like it gives off enough bass so i was thinking about putting speakers in the sail panels but i dont know which ones

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

What kind of sub and amp do you have?

White
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

i have a Jensen 4 channel 400 watt amp and an infinity reference sub

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

You have a good subwoofer your problem is your amp you have a 400 watt 4-channel amp which is probably peak watts which would make it probably 200 rms watts which is only about 50 rms watts per channel and you cant bridge it unless you have two subs and 50 watts isn't enough to power the infinity subwoofer you need to get a 1 or 2 channel amp with about atleast 300-400 peak watts and 200-300 rms watts to make that sub give out some good bass I would suggest you to take the money your looking to buy sail panel speakers with and buy a amp with atleast those specs that I just gave you and believe me that sub will give out way more bass than buying sail panel speakers. If you need anymore help in searching for an amp LMK.

White
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

thanks alot i appreciate your help

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

hey, bra, unless you have something valuable to say, i.e. to help this guy out, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

from what i gather, no one but you, and i know what a sail panel is. wtf? i'm looking to get new speakers all around too, but i want to use them for mids and high, and use a sub for most of the bass. if i go that far into it.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

I have a 02 Z28 and the Infiinity 62.7i's in the front doors and the sailpanel. I wired my wires going to the far 4 inch hatch speakers to the tweeter on the 62.7i. It is a little bright since the 62.7i's are right behind my head, so I used the fader and sounds better, I also turned the tweeter(it is adjustable) to not point into my ear. Overall the stock amp sounds really good powering the 4 62.7i's, but I can't give a honest opinion if they will work for you, since you have a different setup with the 2 4ohm inputs running in a 2ohm load at the amp. The biggest improvement you can make is adding a subwoofer, really wakes up the stock system.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Everyone knows what a sailpanel is if you owned a f body for any period of time.
    The same speaker can sound better in one car than another...for 1, the F Body has a odd 2ohm setup and the infinity 62.7i's are 2 ohm speakers, so yes, they will sound better than most 4ohm speakers in the same place. Anyone that has upgraded a stock Monsoon stereo in the f Body knows it isn't as easy as getting any speaker off the shelf like most cars, few speakers really work well.

Currently seeking 95 9C1

get a EU-700 D4 and wire it to 2 ohms, that will work.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i didn't read all the posts here, so i might be repeating info.

You have a sub and it's not getting enough pound? Check the cross over on the amp. Then check where the input signal is coming from. It might come from a mid or tweeter and that's just no good. if they're miss wired, pull the wires from the stock subs in the sails and run them back to your amp.

now throw away your stock subs and put a set of mids in the sails [it is an "oversized" 6.5" aka 6.75" but 6.5" will fit] and wire tap the rear speaker's mids for a signal. I did this in my original set up and HOLY SHIT it rocked.

I'm one of those poor suckers using eu700's now b/c i was sick of carrying 50lbs of speakers. They are annoying to install b/c of clearance issues and the fact taht the stock amp can't even drive them after about 1/3 volume. Plus, in yourcase, you dont' need more bass-just corrected signals. good luck. hope i'm not repeating info.

Torque Junky

Blue on White & Dark Blue
    70 TA RA III & 02 TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99BlueTA View Post
    The eu-700 don't fit a few people have used them by grinding on them to make them fit but I've heard some bad things about them to when it comess to using them in f-bodies with the monsoon system not saying they ara bad speakers but if you already have a 10" subwoofer don't even worry about replacing the sail panel speakers because they only get bass signals from the factory amp and you wont be able to hear the bass from them anyway because your 10" subwoofer will be producing so much more bass so just delete the sail panel speakers and keep your 10" subwoofer for bass and if your looking for a cleaner sound replace the factory cd player with an aftermarket one and it will sound 10x's better than the factory monsoon cd placer because the factory cd player gives out alot off bad frequency's that make the factory speakers distort when you turn the volume up just add a few more dollars that you are looking to spend on sail panel replacements and buy an aftermarket cd player.
    Holy crap! Punctuation isn't such a bad thing, you know... :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information