Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

What have I gotten myself into?

Err I got my headunit today, kennwood excelon 792. The wire harness with it/adapter has all these wires you got to spice in and it says colors may not match, connect wires via function. How the fuck do I know what the function of a specific wire is? My friend is comming over after work to help...but his idea of finess is a smaller hammer. Why can't they make a fucking adapter to just connect the old to the new. For reals dog!

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I think at the top of this section there is a wiring diagram for ur headunit

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

They make adaptors that do the wires for you. Go to where you got your stereo and ask. I think they even make them specific to the radio and car so there is no splicing.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Err I got my headunit today, kennwood excelon 792. The wire harness with it/adapter has all these wires you got to spice in and it says colors may not match, connect wires via function. How the fuck do I know what the function of a specific wire is? My friend is comming over after work to help...but his idea of finess is a smaller hammer. Why can't they make a fucking adapter to just connect the old to the new. For reals dog!

they give you a radio pigtail and a pigtail that hooks into the car's wiring... all you have to do is splice the two of them together.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

It's going down tommorrow. Buying him a case of beer and we are going to tackle it. The pin identification thing in those schematics really helped, just wondering how hard it will be to modify the mounts. It says it will stick out half an inch if I don't do some modifying.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    It's going down tommorrow. Buying him a case of beer and we are going to tackle it. The pin identification thing in those schematics really helped, just wondering how hard it will be to modify the mounts. It says it will stick out half an inch if I don't do some modifying.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/m_750/Car...n.html?tp=1385

this will help you get started search further for what you want. I have not put an aftermarket headunit in these cars yet

Thread Information