Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

What is the BEST speakers for my WS-6??

looking to replace the factory 500watt monsoon 10 speaker sys with some new speakers... I know from experience that the monsoon speakers aren't that bad but quality sucks!!!

What i'm looking is great aftermarket speakers that sound awesome and hit fairly nice considering i probably wont be getting subs because i use the car for drag racing and want to keep the weight down.. I have the face already and it's the Kenwood Excelson DDX8017 DVD/CD/TV 7" TFT Touch Screen. So i want good speakers to pair it up with!!

I want to change exery speaker in the whole car so anyone have any opinions on what speakers i should go with for front mid and rear?? And how much?

Joe Ballz

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

The problem with the POS Monsoon system is not the speakers. It's the huge amount of distortion produced by both the factory HU and the POS Monsoon amp. The HU distorts bad enough as it is. To add to that is the fact that the POS Monsoon amp uses speaker level inputs. So it's taking an already distorted input signal and adding it's own distortion on top of that. I don't care how good your speakers are, if they are fed nothing but distortion they are going to sound like garbage and eventually blow. The "best" solution is to replace the HU and amp.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

here's an interesting thread for ya http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2250 I'd go with infinity speakers and eu-700s for the sail panels, rears should just be taken out or some have put 6x9s back there

S.O.M
    2001 Firebird

go with some good components up front and then a good sub in the back and that's all you'll need... it will blow everything else away.

Well like i said i have the component for up front.. It's a Kenwood Excelson DDX8017 DVD/CD/TV 7" TFT Touch Screen w. 200W build in amp... I'm going to get another external amp obviously to handle all the other power but what speakers are best?

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

By components, he means the front speakers... 6.5" and tweeters seperated, and coaxials have the tweeters mounted above the dust cover of the 6.5"s for your sail panels... You NEED a sub! The stock system uses the 6.5" sail panel speakers as a sub. If you replace them (which you DO need to do) then you must add a sub for bass.

I have a full Infinity setup with Alpine CDA7998 HU and I'm using the top of the line Infinity 10" sub. It kicks ass! Costly but worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    By components, he means the front speakers... 6.5" and tweeters seperated, and coaxials have the tweeters mounted above the dust cover of the 6.5"s for your sail panels... You NEED a sub! The stock system uses the 6.5" sail panel speakers as a sub. If you replace them (which you DO need to do) then you must add a sub for bass.

I have a full Infinity setup with Alpine CDA7998 HU and I'm using the top of the line Infinity 10" sub. It kicks ass! Costly but worth it...
    Sorry i misunderstood his response..... HMMMM does sound liek a nice system but not a problem with buying a sub i really dont cars and i have just the place to mount them but as far as the speakedrs i need fronts that have the tweeters sperated correct?

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yes, seperates, a pair of coax, a 4 channel amp for the speakers and a mono amp for the sub or subs...

NBM
    '01 Z28

I've been thinking of doing an all Infinity system. I liked how the Kappa components sounded and I've heard one of their Perfect subs and it was nice and clean. What exactly do you have in your system?

Thread Information