Weird Radio display...

OK guys this is kinda wierd... sometimes my radio display will not function properly. At random times when i start the car up, the display just shows random lines instead of the time or radio station. Its like the numbers and time are incomplete and sometimes blink randomly. The radio and cd player work fine, but the display cannot be read.

This problem comes and goes and i dunno what the hell the prob is. Any suggestions?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

typical monsoon issue-just a matter of time before it goes black and you'll only be able to see it with A LOT of direct sunlight. I suggest you be sure to program all your favorite stations in ASAP

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by chad3113 View Post
    OK guys this is kinda wierd... sometimes my radio display will not function properly. At random times when i start the car up, the display just shows random lines instead of the time or radio station. Its like the numbers and time are incomplete and sometimes blink randomly. The radio and cd player work fine, but the display cannot be read.

This problem comes and goes and i dunno what the hell the prob is. Any suggestions?
    What Third_Shift is talking about occurs when the bulb behind the display burns out. The display still functions properly, but you can't read it unless you shine a bright light on it. He should learn how to change the display bulb if he doesn't want to stay uninformed in the dark. Your problem sounds like there's a defect or loose connection to the display driver if you can still see the display. There's a place near you in LA. that repairs GM radios that does good work - I've used his services before. Google 'corvetteradios' repairs to find out who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    What Third_Shift is talking about occurs when the bulb behind the display burns out. The display still functions properly, but you can't read it unless you shine a bright light on it. He should learn how to change the display bulb if he doesn't want to stay uninformed in the dark. Your problem sounds like there's a defect or loose connection to the display driver if you can still see the display. There's a place near you in LA. that repairs GM radios that does good work - I've used his services before. Google 'corvetteradios' repairs to find out who they are.
    Thanks man

Thread Information