SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Are w7's to much for my ss?

Looking at any and all options for subs and I came across JL W7's, are they going to be too much power for our cars. My buddy has two 12's in his car and it hits real hard. Any input would be great!!
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

well a w7 is a very powerful sub and ive seen one out pwer two 12's plenty of times. so i think it would be to much. i have a 10 inch w3 in mine and it hits just the way i like. but different people different tastes

Black
    1999 trans am

Everyone has a different ear. I have a single 10 in my trans am and i can not turn it up all the way (crazy loud). At about half power with my sub all the panels in my car start to rattle. A W7 might be more then you need, but who cares..... Louder is better!.. If you think a W7 would be to much just buy an active crossover with a remote sub level knob. That way you can turn it up or down without going through your head unit or playing with your amp.

white

You might want to look at some different subs. Not saying anything bad about the w7's but they are extremely pricey. If you checked out fi audio ssa, audioque something along those lines would be close if not better than the w7s for half the price. Also what power do you have to work with and what are you using for a box.
    stew215, you shouldn't be getting rattles that bad if you only have 1 10. I'm running 2 12 in planet audio tqs which isn't saying much because their just cheep budget subs but the only thing that vibrates is the center piece between the taillights and the hatch.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I like Eclipse subs 88120DVC. Great specs deep bass.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I had (2) 10" MTX subs in a sealed box running off (2) Autotek 225 watt amps and mine hit pretty damn hard and I've been in some cars that have had way more stuff than me as a comparison.

More does not always mean better or louder. A good lower wattage amp can be made to sound better than a 1000 watt amp. The amp is more important than which subs you get IMO. Obv they work together, but great subs with a cheap amp will still sound like shit.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

No, go for it! IMO it can never be too much!
    I run two ID IDMAX 10's ported@29hz with a MMATS D3500.05, it's perfect for me.

white

Damn, 29 hz is low.
    Any chance I could get a picture for my later build? planning 1 15 in fi q in around 3 cubes ported.

not to thread jack.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
    Damn, 29 hz is low.
    Any chance I could get a picture for my later build? planning 1 15 in fi q in around 3 cubes ported.

not to thread jack.
    Pm sent.

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

i have a jl w7 10 run by a jl 500 1 and freinds dont beleive its a single speaker. if the 12 wasnt so damn heavy i would have rather had that

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

if ur looking for SQ w7s arent too bad but imo out of my price range. If u want spl Check out some Fi subwoofers and some Audioque subwoofers. Trust me, u will not be disappointed. Read up on them 2 brands and u will be shocked to what u find out about them.

Thread Information