Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Viper Remote start...Smartstart?

For Christmas last year I got a viper alarm system, remote start and everything. I heard that viper has an iphone or android app that allows you to use your phone as the remote though. I downloaded the app and I can't get the car to pair with it. Does anybody have any idea how I can do that? I was cruising online for an answer and couldn't find anything..

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I know you have to have certain model, but other than that I'm no help. Id call up abc warehouse or where ever its sold at and ask them.

Black
    '98 Z28

Are you signed up with a service plan?

Black
    '98 Z28

Q:
    How do I activate my Viper SmartStart account?
    A:
    Step 1. Your installer activates the Viper SmartStart product:Immediately after installing the device in the vehicle, your installer will activate the device using a specific device activation website.

Step 2. You set up your account and activate your SmartStart smartphone app:Once your SmartStart module is activated, you will receive an email that contains your SmartStart username and account password. Follow these steps:

From your smartphone, launch the SmartStart App.
    Go to the "Settings" tab.
    Type in your SmartStart username and password from the activation email and click the "Done" button.
    Exit the SmartStart App and relaunch it. Now you should see your vehicle(s) in the "Cars" tab.

Once you've completed the activation steps, your SmartStart system is ready to use.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I guess since I was never told about it, it was never installed? What a rip off.. the system I have MSRP's at like 500 dollars, and if I want to start using my cell phone with it i have to pay another 300?? That's a bit ridiculous I think

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

Yeah you have to pay for the service. Just stick with the remote, its not worth it unless you have $$ to blow

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Thanks for the help gentlemen. I guess since I was never told about it, it was never installed? What a rip off.. the system I have MSRP's at like 500 dollars, and if I want to start using my cell phone with it i have to pay another 300?? That's a bit ridiculous I think
    Did you double check with the manufacturer?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Flybird, I wonder why the remote is so expensive too.. it's a dumb design. Seriously, I accidentally hit buttons on the damn thing every day. Even when its just in my pocket and my hand isn't touching it. My Standard GM key didn't go off ONCE without me making a command.

KMdef9, I did not contact Viper yet. But i know It was bought from best buy so I'll probably call them to ask tomorrow.

Thread Information