IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Question trunks stops rattleing when i push in on the tailights?

my subs started rattling my trunk horrible? but then i tried pushin on the taillights and filler panel and it stops? whats this mean? and any ideas how to fix this?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Lot's of things you can do to limit rattles......I would start with getting some pieces of DynaMat or another brand and putting pieces on the inside of the filler panel. Then I would also adjust the the hatch so it closes a little further which will put more tension on it. And we usually take the tail lights housings out and silicon them back in so the plastic isn't touching the metal anywhere to rattle. Depending on how tight your housings are on some cars we will let the silicon totally set-up before re installing.
    Also the license plate will usually start rattling at this point. I always silicon a couple intake gasket end seals because we have soooo many laying around. Wether it's a Chevy or Ford we don't use those small short gaskets on the ends of the block so they are found everywhere around the machine shop. I have taken a couple paper towels before and duck taped them to the back of the plate too.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

first i would check to make sure your screws havent come loose on your taillight, pull the piece of carpet back and you should see your screws

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

One of the easiest ways to fix that is pulling out the plastic screw doo dads on the back of your tail lights and putting a rubber gromett <sp?> on them then tightening them down good, the rubber should stop the tail light rattle. The best way to stpo a license plate from rattleing is taking some 3M tape, or a pen wrapped with duct or electrical tape and sticking it behind the place to push it out a hair. That should stop the rattles on most systems

Thread Information