Thread: Too much

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

Thumbs up Too much

alright wat do you think of this
    1 kicker 10' 650 watts in sub box that fits right bellow the driver quarter panel
    8 kicker speakers all the door ones
    powerd by a 800 watt armany amp
    2 2000 watt performance technique 12 inch subs
    powerd by a 1500 quantum amp and
    a jensen indash wat do you think anything i should look into

by the way the 2 12s are gonna go in that box that kills the t top dam

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

2 12's and a 10?

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yes two twelves and 1 10 i already have the ten have to get the 12's

Jiuce it 'till it pings!! 97LTWON's Avatar

Midight blue
    1999 Z28

Here is my $.02 . I have been a car audio enthusiast since the 80's so i will try to help. In some cases more equiptment is not always better. The brands and the size(s) of the speakers and amps you have listed are not the goods. You will have a lot of sound.....really crappy sound. That system will sound dirty and distorted. The F-body has a size of 6.5 front speakers. Buy a good set of 6.5 seperates to put in the doors. Kicker makes decsent seperates,just dont buy the low line ones. And for the sub, one 10" sub sounds really good. Get a good sub though, something like a kicker L7 or a JL W6 at the least. Then power all of that with two amps. One amp for your front state(front speakers) and a class D amp for the lower impeadance sub. Say 75 to 100 for each side for the front speakers ( i am talking rms power ratings) and say 500 watts rms power for your sub. If you buy at the least kicker amps you should have a clean system that will sound really clean and clear with good bass output. I say do a search for some good car audio sites and get plugged into some forums and see what i am talking about. Personally, i dont buy anything that was made after around the year 2001. Almost everything is made over seas. Nothing but garbage,over rated power #'s and sounds really crappy. I use good ol' stuff that was made in the USA when car audio comps were in. I use mostly amps that have "class A" signal paths. Sooo clean and clear. You here things in music that swear you never heard before.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thanks bro i appreciate it

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

If someone were to throw that system together -- it would be in complete ignorance. Thankfully, you are not ignorant and posted here first -- so you will end up spending less (unless you want to put that budget toward high end equipment), and getting much better sound.

97LTWON is right...more isn't always better - thought I don't agree with his post entirely.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

i would like to hear wat you think fredmr85

Thread Information