Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Question swapping the stock radio-cassette

Hi, guys!

I got two questions about the soundsystem in my car (Camaro Z28, modelyear 2000):
    Nr.1 Where can I purchase a factory radio cd, as I wann swap my factory-built radio-cassette for a radio-cd- system. Right now I'm copying some of my favourite cds on tape, but of course that's not a real option...

Nr.2 How can I be sure that my Camaro is equipped with the Monsoon-soundsystem? Any tag or RPO code that certifies that optin, or was it stock on '00 Z28s?

Thanks a lot guys for helping me out, these questions may sound somehow silly, but you've to keep in mind I live in Europe where these cars are really not very common, so nobody's got a clue over here...

Paul
    Last edited by Popeye1970; 08-07-2008 at 01:48 AM.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

You can replace the stock stereo with any cd player from a gm vehicle with a din and a half unit. It will look the same but have a cd slot instead of the cassette. I am sure over there it would be a little harder to find. Here some compatible models are malibu, cavalier, tahoe, full size truck and S10. It will just be removing the old one and putting in a new one. You could check ebay too. The monsoon stereo is the same as a non monsoon one. To see if you have the monsoon system go here and see what rpo codes match what is in your glovebox. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16147. You could also replace with any aftermarket deck too.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

My monsoon stereo says monsoon on it. I have a 99.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    You can replace the stock stereo with any cd player from a gm vehicle with a din and a half unit. It will look the same but have a cd slot instead of the cassette. I am sure over there it would be a little harder to find. Here some compatible models are malibu, cavalier, tahoe, full size truck and S10. It will just be removing the old one and putting in a new one. You could check ebay too. The monsoon stereo is the same as a non monsoon one. To see if you have the monsoon system go here and see what rpo codes match what is in your glovebox. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16147. You could also replace with any aftermarket deck too.
    Thanks a lot. I'll check on that...

Thread Information