Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

stereo help for my truck....

This is a discussion on stereo help for my truck.... within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by 0rion that's nice but that's way more than what I'll need...thanks anyway. I just want a HU ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's nice but that's way more than what I'll need...thanks anyway. I just want a HU that has more than just preset sound profiles. Ideally I'd like to have at least a low-mid-high to adjust.

But it's cool...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    With that setup, at 50W a channel, you don't need an amp unless you like your music sick loud.

With the speakers, you'll also need crossover, I didn't see one that comes with it. You can try some shit bass blockers, but crossovers are the way to go.

On the sub issue, for rock/country, you dont need subs over 10 inches.
    It isn't 50W a channel...that is PEAK power. With that head unit you will only be at 22 watts RMS. Correct? Anything above and beyond that 22 watts is going to start distorting.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Just find a way to ballance the power. Thats when they sound the best. Ballance it to the speakers you have already bought. Yea I do hate that the Jensen has pre-set but it has bass and treb control as well. wish it had mid controll as wel but oh well.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

stopped in at best buy today just to look around and get an idea of what I want. I like THESE SPEAKERS and THIS HEAD UNIT although I'd probably get a different head unit. I like the HU's that have the USB port on them for a thumb drive. If I got something like that I'd probably skip the sub and amp. I'd also need to address the rear doors. I've read a 6.5" will fit back there but just looking at them I don't see how. I'd like to stick with alpine's though in the rear doors. Those component alpines sounded great.
    I ordered this HU yesterday. I looked at a bunch but kept coming back to this one. It has the USB on the rear is the only downside to it but I'll run a cable under the dash to plug into. Now I just gotta install all this junk.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It isn't 50W a channel...that is PEAK power. With that head unit you will only be at 22 watts RMS. Correct? Anything above and beyond that 22 watts is going to start distorting.
    Your correct. I didn't check the RMS of the HU, but 50W peak is still a higher number than the stock, that was really my only point. The distortion will depend the speaker setup as well, as 22W RMS could be too much for a stock setup.
    I ordered this HU yesterday. I looked at a bunch but kept coming back to this one. It has the USB on the rear is the only downside to it but I'll run a cable under the dash to plug into. Now I just gotta install all this junk.
    I think that would work out great actually, that way you can put it in a convenient location.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Your correct. I didn't check the RMS of the HU, but 50W peak is still a higher number than the stock, that was really my only point. The distortion will depend the speaker setup as well, as 22W RMS could be too much for a stock setup.

I think that would work out great actually, that way you can put it in a convenient location.
    I thought about it today and having those on the back will work out better.....that way I won't have a cord or anything running up to the radio. I can keep it all tucked under the dash and won't have to worry about bumping the thumb drive and snapping it off or something. It'll work fine I think being on the back.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Got everything wired up and rocking tonight. It rocks too. Used my 20 year old test song on it......Van Halen "summer nights". That song was meant to be rocked out.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Got everything wired up and rocking tonight. It rocks too. Used my 20 year old test song on it......Van Halen "summer nights". That song was meant to be rocked out.
    Cool beans man

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information