Stereo/electrical question

This is a discussion on Stereo/electrical question within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; hey guys..just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with my car.. its mainly been going on with my front ...

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Stereo/electrical question

hey guys..just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with my car..

its mainly been going on with my front passenger side speaker:

sometimes it will sound blown, but sometimes it sounds perfect....there have been a few times ive noticed a high pitched noise coming from them that coincides with the rpms..whenever i give the car gas, the noise gets higher..and today i just noticed when i was sitting in the car and i close the door and the interior lights go dim, and then off (the ones in the mirror), the speakers make a buzzing noise as the lights dim off and then when the lights are off, the buzzing stops..this happens whether the radio volume is up or down..im not sure whats going on here..mayb a bad ground? or bad speaker? not sure..so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated..thanks!!

2001 Trans Am Ws6

Is it stock? DId you put any aftermarket amps in? Could be ALT noise going through if you put rca's by powerwire.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

its all stock speakers..i replaced them cuz when i got the car, it had a 5x7 speaker in the door..and it was just stupid how they did it..so i bought stock speakers and housings and put it back how its supposed to be..so idk.. i could have a wire touching somewhere..not sure..but yes it is stock speakers and the monsoon head unit

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

it could be a wire touching somewhere, or the speaker itself. I also had this problem with the volume, fader or balance knob on the head unti itself. They use potentiometers and they get dirty overtime. I have been able to pull the knob cover out and spray some electrical contact cleaner and move the knob left and right. I did this recently with my amp and it fix it. Next time that you hear the speaker move the knob nicely up and down , left and right and if you hear the speaker sratching then thats the one causing issues. That will tell you one of them is dirty.

Just be careful with contact cleaner because it stains plastic.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

thanks..ill give that a try..but idk..it just seems to make the wierd noise when the interior lights dim..its wierd..haha.. i checked the speaker and all connections look fine and nothing was touching..so idk.. ill c if this helps

Thread Information