White
    1999 SS

stealth box, or replace sails w, eu700s?

what do ya think? i already have some infinity mids in the sails( they dont sound that great though), should I upgrade them to the eu700's or should I just get a stealth box and amp. Thanks for the input.

Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    what do ya think? i already have some infinity mids in the sails( they dont sound that great though), should I upgrade them to the eu700's or should I just get a stealth box and amp. Thanks for the input.
    If you are looking for bass, go with the box and amp. I have the Alpine Type R 10" in a stealth box from subthump pushed by a Kicker 300 watt ZX 300.1 Mono Amp mounted on a subthump amp rack. Great bass, no loss of storage space, T-tops still go in the back and with the hatch flap (whatever you call that thing) closed, all is hidden. You can always go bigger on the amp if you want more than that.

White
    1999 SS

thanks for the input, I will probably go that route, did you keep the stock h/u or upgrade? I kinda want to keep mine stock. I'll just splice into one of the +/- (driver side sail) with one of those rca adapter things for the amp's rca input. Or do you suggest a better way to do it? Thanks again

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

i have a JL W0 4ohm in a custom built stealth box pushed by a 300 watt kenwood amp . . . perfect amount of bass imo. both my sail speakers are blown and now unhooked. ive also had this setup in there for about 7 yrs now and still sounds good.
    Prob do the same setup in my ta but with a w3.

Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    thanks for the input, I will probably go that route, did you keep the stock h/u or upgrade? I kinda want to keep mine stock. I'll just splice into one of the +/- (driver side sail) with one of those rca adapter things for the amp's rca input. Or do you suggest a better way to do it? Thanks again
    I changed out everything. I replaced the head unit with the Pioneer DEH P-77DH. It fits the GM opening perfect. I put Alpine SPR-17's in the front doors and sail panels. They are running off of the head unit with the high pass filter. I didn't want to mess with the factory amp and the different ohms/freqs going to the front and rear speakers. My car had the Monsoon system and I had read all about the set up here on LS1 and decided just to replace everything. It sounds very good. Nice and clear highs and solid tight bass. That is just me though. I understand wanting to keep it stock. I also have the Pioneer Ipod adapter so I can just hook up the Ipod...no need for the cd changer now.

Impounded
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

why buy a custom box from somewhere like subthump + a seperate subwoofer when u can get the JL Audio Stealthbox which sounds awesome for $450

how does that box from MTX sound ? MTX CF10 Thunderform Camaro/Firebird F-Body i know you get what you pay for but the JL box 475 plus the sub to run it jl 500/1 and by the time the install is done we are over one thousand dollars , been trying to find a used JL audio box for a few months now seems like people dont want to sell them , so looking for the next best thing , i am leaving the factory monsoon system in the car dont want to go CRAZY and change everything , Dont have the money for that any more lol

White
    1999 SS

mtx box sounds great, I ordered one on ebay with an infinity perfect 10.1. Plenty of bass. Got it shipped for $170. Used box, new sub!

Black
    2000 TA

I've got the MTX box with MTX sub from ws6store.com. Sounds great. I listen to everything from country to Disturbed to rap.

Thread Information