Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sirius and XM Satellite Radio users, inside!

This is a discussion on Sirius and XM Satellite Radio users, inside! within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; i put mine on the dash. works fine....

red
    2000 Firehawk

i put mine on the dash. works fine.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by y2khawk120 View Post
    i put mine on the dash. works fine.
    What do you mean by in the dash?

2000 black T/A Vert
    Red 99 C5 Coupe sold

I mounted my magnetic antenna to the top of the windshield with double back tape. My car is black and so is the antenna, so I think it looks good. I ran the wire under the weatherstrip and down the side to the door, so it enters the car on the side by the door and not at the top of the windshield, to avoid leaks.
    Shawn

Sebring Silver
    02 Z28

My sirius antenna is double stick taped to the upper middle of the Hatch. No problems here. My FM module pluged inline of my antenna though...Power antenna is accually diconnected now, that whore can stay down lol.

Black
    '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    If it is under the plastic, wouldn't it block the signal?
    The guy on the site said he has no problems with signal. Guess I'll find out soon and let you guys know. If it works it would be the perfect place.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by '02DirtyBird View Post
    The guy on the site said he has no problems with signal. Guess I'll find out soon and let you guys know. If it works it would be the perfect place.
    Yeah, I like that spot too. Let us know if it works.

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

I have t-tops, and I ran mine up my pillar, around the t-top weather stripping, under the middle T-Top hold down thingy, and used some molding tape to put it right in the middle behind my t-tops... Looks really clean. Almost like it belongs... If I have time I'll try and put pictures of where all I ran it tomorrow. Because I know half the shit I just said makes no sense at all!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by hec33 View Post
    I have t-tops, and I ran mine up my pillar, around the t-top weather stripping, under the middle T-Top hold down thingy, and used some molding tape to put it right in the middle behind my t-tops... Looks really clean. Almost like it belongs... If I have time I'll try and put pictures of where all I ran it tomorrow. Because I know half the shit I just said makes no sense at all!
    HaHa! Yeah, get the pics!

I need to get a sirius unit i can take from car to car

red
    2000 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    What do you mean by in the dash?
    on the dash. pass side. just ran it up in the corner under the windshild ans stuck it there. dosnt look bad and works good. no wires outside the car.

Impounded
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

mines on the inside the dash.....since im using it as an auxillary thru the head unit....i dont have 2 use the fm radio therefore it sounds awesome!!...cd quality

maroon
    01 SS

mine is magnetic, I have it on the child-seat hooks that are on the flat part of the landing in the hatch. Looks nice because I run the wire through the middle console, under the side panels inside, and then into the fender well where the spare is so I can disguise the extra cord from the antenna. Then it just sits there in the hatch area, pretty low key.

Small side note to ask people tho, I have a FM modulator on my sirius radio that doesn't work worth a shit, my friend gave me a piece of equipment that you plug the FM antenna into, then it has a box inline, then it plugs into the FM antenna port on your stock radio. This blocks out FM signal from whatever channel your modulator is using so u get clean sound. The only problem was that it was for a rice mobile and the antenna connection size and shape is diff then the camaro. Anyone ever seen or heard of one of these for our application??

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by shawn84&92 View Post
    I mounted my magnetic antenna to the top of the windshield with double back tape. My car is black and so is the antenna, so I think it looks good. I ran the wire under the weatherstrip and down the side to the door, so it enters the car on the side by the door and not at the top of the windshield, to avoid leaks.
    Shawn

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I have sirius in my d/d truck and my camaro.
    for the camaro I have the antenna INSIDE the car. I ran the wire under the carpet towards the back of the car. The antenna is resting on the back hump behind the seat. I put velcro on the antenna to hold in place. It works great through the glass never had any issues.

Brandon if you need a hand to wire it I have done over a dozen of these things pm me

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    Click for full size

here's my setup, pretty simple. the module is in the console.
    Be careful putting it there, I did the exact same thing, and ended up with it leaving scratches on the paint, the fix for it, just move it left (in the picture) down into the bottom of the channel... the hatch will still close just fine, and it still gets great reception and your fm antana will pick it up even better since part of the FM transmitter antana is in the wiring to the Sattelite antana, so the closer you can get it to the cars fm antana you eliminate static and get the best fm reception...

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Be careful putting it there, I did the exact same thing, and ended up with it leaving scratches on the paint, the fix for it, just move it left (in the picture) down into the bottom of the channel... the hatch will still close just fine, and it still gets great reception and your fm antana will pick it up even better since part of the FM transmitter antana is in the wiring to the Sattelite antana, so the closer you can get it to the cars fm antana you eliminate static and get the best fm reception...
    Dude when I replaced my back speakers as I was putting one in the magnetic pull from it stuck it to right above the speaker hole...and now I have a scratch there. Pissed me off. Fuck magnetism.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I took that thing out a long ass time ago. haha. I have whole new stereo now with my ipod hooked up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information