Indigo Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

security ligth flashing in the on position

i work at a vol fire dept and i went on the 3rd call of the day and it was on a major highway..anyway i got out and left the car on.. my girlfriend shut it off thinking it would save me some gas...i went back to the car after the car fire was out and the damn thing wouldnt start.. i played around with it and checked all the wires..had a state trooper try to jump it off..and even jacked it up and tapped the starter... still nothing.. had it towed to the house and noticed now that the security light is flashing and still wont turn over. looked through the owners manual and read the security stuff and nothing they said worked..anyone had any luck with the turning it on for 10 min or so and waiting for the flashing to stop method.. if so let me know or if you have any other advice please help.. this TA is my baby and i really want her to work.. never even saw this one comming. thanks!

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

When the security light is flashing it means the Passkey security system has been activated and no amount of fiddling is going to help getting it started . Not sure why it won't reset,but I know if you get any moisture on the "chip" in the key can set it off. Drying off the key will let it start unless you've tried to start it too many times in a period of time.Then you would have to wait---anyway hope you have it running by now. Hope this helps for the future,if it helps at all.

Indigo Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

turns out the key cylinder was bad...gm made the key cylinder with one little TOO SHORT wire.. its a small white one that isnt quite long enough and over time it will break inside the wire coating but the coating itself will not.. so if you take it apart you wont see it.. i got mine replaced for about $350 w/ labor. not to bad from where im sitting... so advice to all if you are having trouble starting go have it checked out before you get stranded on a hwy like i did.. thank you all for your tips and tricks.. i did try them all..

Thread Information