tan
    2000 Camaro

running new wire

Ok this is starting to be a pain in my ***. How do u guys run new wire from ur door speakers in a camaro. I thought i could just push the wire through where the factory wiring goes through and it would come out the other side and i could run it along the floorboard to the trunk where the amp is. I cant even push a wire hanger through the door into the cabin. WTF. theres soo much crap underneath where it should come out. Wires, and plastic panels and guke and all kinds of stuff. Whats the easiest way to do this?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I just ran wires through my doors. Take door panels, kick panels, and dash under panel off. Take a coat hanger and bend a loop on the end. Tie a not in the end of the speaker wire and feed it through the loop on the coat hanger. As you push it through the door side, grab the rubber boot and move it around as you push it through. When you get it through the boot, push the coat hanger real hard and it will come through. If necessary, pull the rubber mated insulation out a bit. Take needle-nose plyiers and pull it through. It ain't easy but it can be done.
    I just installed MBQuartz in the doors with cross-overs and all. 3SETS of components and Ran 4 GAUGE wire from the battery, under the PCM, and all the way to my amps. and 3 sets of RCA's
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 01-15-2007 at 11:06 AM.

tan
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I just ran wires through my doors. Take door panels, kick panels, and dash under panel off. Take a coat hanger and bend a loop on the end. Tie a not in the end of the speaker wire and feed it through the loop on the coat hanger. As you push it through the door side, grab the rubber boot and move it around as you push it through. When you get it through the boot, push the coat hanger real hard and it will come through. If necessary, pull the rubber mated insulation out a bit. Take needle-nose plyiers and pull it through. It ain't easy but it can be done.
    I just installed MBQuartz in the doors with cross-overs and all. 3SETS of components and Ran 4 GAUGE wire from the battery, under the PCM, and all the way to my amps. and 3 sets of RCA's
    Thats exactly what ive been trying to do I have my door panels off took the under part of the dash out and took a coat hanger and made a hook exactly as u explained... althought i could not push the hanger through. I was pushing pretty hard but with no luck.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Try different angles. Bend the coat hanger different ways. You can doit, I did it while sittin in a WHEELCHAIR!!!!!!

tan
    2000 Camaro

Try different angles. Bend the coat hanger different ways. You can doit, I did it while sittin in a WHEELCHAIR!!!!!!
    I will keep trying im just afraing im going to break something trying to push through there too hard or cut a wire or something

tan
    2000 Camaro

thx for the help i kept tryin and tryin and finally was able to get it pushed through. BTW would you mind telling me where u put ur crossovers for ur mb quarts.. I was thinking of mounting them inside the doors somewhere but i also have some heavy duty velcro and was thinking of sticking them in the back underneath that panel where the rear hatch speakers are so they are out of sight. This way i wouldnt have to worry about them getting wet.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

In the doors I put them right behind where the arm rest is. I just made a small bracket to hold it in place. Make sure that you put the crossover on top of the clear plastic in the doors. They never got wet and there 6 years old and still pounding away. What kind of system you got? and GOOD LUCK

tan
    2000 Camaro

In the doors I put them right behind where the arm rest is. I just made a small bracket to hold it in place. Make sure that you put the crossover on top of the clear plastic in the doors. They never got wet and there 6 years old and still pounding away. What kind of system you got? and GOOD LUCK
    Ive just got kind a budget system going... The components are pioneers rev components (ts-c160r's). Got them for $150 shipped. Ill be running them off a profile california 80wrms amp.
    You mentioned to place the crossovers on top of the plastic in the doors... i was kind of thinking to remove that. I know its there to protect against water but im afraid its too flimsy and might create rattling noises. Although if u dont have this problem i may as well leave them in and seal it up as tight as i can.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Never had a problem with that. If you take the plastic off, dirt will build up on the door panels and moisture will destroy it.

black
    99 camaro ss

hey the best way that i found out to wire the door speakers to the amp is to cut the speaker wires on the harness going to the radio. then run the wires that are going to go from the amp to the speakers to the radio. then find out which wires from the amp are right and left. then make sure you know which harness wires are to which speaker. then connect the left wires from the amp to the left speakers and same for right. but make sure that you dont connect the speaker wires coming out of the amp to the wires coming out of the radio. then you should be done.

tan
    2000 Camaro

Never had a problem with that. If you take the plastic off, dirt will build up on the door panels and moisture will destroy it.
    Ok i will leave it on... Did you put ur 6.5's in the stock kick panel things?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Yes

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by brock417 View Post
    hey the best way that i found out to wire the door speakers to the amp is to cut the speaker wires on the harness going to the radio. then run the wires that are going to go from the amp to the speakers to the radio. then find out which wires from the amp are right and left. then make sure you know which harness wires are to which speaker. then connect the left wires from the amp to the left speakers and same for right. but make sure that you dont connect the speaker wires coming out of the amp to the wires coming out of the radio. then you should be done.
    Running new thicker gauge wire is better for components powered by an amp. Also, I would rather not cut those wires. You never no if your gonna sell it and want to put the factory stuff back in.

tan
    2000 Camaro

Running new thicker gauge wire is better for components powered by an amp. Also, I would rather not cut those wires. You never no if your gonna sell it and want to put the factory stuff back in.
    Exactly right, im leaving all the factory wiring as it is in case i sell it. Running all new 12 gauge wire to my comps.

Thread Information