Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Recommend New Speakers for Behind Doors?

This is a discussion on Recommend New Speakers for Behind Doors? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Blue28 I'm talking about the subs in the Sail panels, not the useless(IMO) hatch speakers. They are ...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    I'm talking about the subs in the Sail panels, not the useless(IMO) hatch speakers.
    They are pretty useless. That is why some delete them and run the wires to the sails and also delete the subs. That is what I thought you were referring to by saying you could use any speaker you wanted in the sails

The instructions work, thanks. The cover is off now. There's something else covering the speaker, and the crazy thing is there's tissue paper stuffed into it. Maybe that is there to muffle sound, as though the subwoofer was already damaged? I've suspected the seller disguised some problems. Anyway, should a replacement be 2 ohms? Of the brands mentioned in the thread, so far I have only identified Kickers as making a 6.5" inch sub, with 2 and 4 ohm models.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    The instructions work, thanks. The cover is off now. There's something else covering the speaker, and the crazy thing is there's tissue paper stuffed into it. Maybe that is there to muffle sound, as though the subwoofer was already damaged? I've suspected the seller disguised some problems. Anyway, should a replacement be 2 ohms? Of the brands mentioned in the thread, so far I have only identified Kickers as making a 6.5" inch sub, with 2 and 4 ohm models.
    Yeah. 2 ohm for the subs and the mids in the doors. 4 ohm for the rear hatch and the tweeders in the doors.

That's how the Camaro is set up anyway. I'm not sure if it's the same for the birds though I would think so, but not positive. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in

I had to start over with the speakers. I'm a little confused by 2 ohms for the mid-range in the doors but 4 ohms for its tweeters. Are you talking about the those components within the same pair of speakers?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

In the door, for the Camaro, yes. The stock speakers are both 2 and 4 ohms. So take note when you take the wires off which are which.

I know that the Camaro is set up a little different than the T/A though.

Thanks. The mystery deepens I'll see if anyone knows specifically about Trans Ams. Infinity speakers were recommended earlier, at least some of them are 2 ohms, and I'll buy that if nothing dissuades me from it.

LPM
    2000 Z28

If you have a pioneer head unit already, would deleting the factory amp and running wire to just the front 4 speakers be an option? Your wad unit probably already puts out as much power as the small amp.

Then you could run whatever ohm speakers you wanted... you said you think the rear two speakers were pointless.

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

The speakers just behind the doors are part of the front 4. I have no idea what a "wad unit" is.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Head unit* phone corrected me

Yellow
    2006 Z06 LSX 427 TT Corve

I always liked Alpine

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Check out Kee Audio's replacement speaker packages:

http://keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html

I have the upgraded standard package and I'm very pleased with it.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information