Recommend me some midbass

This is a discussion on Recommend me some midbass within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Ok, I need some midbass for the sail panels in my 2000 camaro. I love my component set up front ...

tan
    2000 Camaro

Recommend me some midbass

Ok, I need some midbass for the sail panels in my 2000 camaro. I love my component set up front but they're lacking in the midbass department (and yes my doors are sound deadened.) I have 80wrms to work with and would like to keep the price under $125ish for the pair. I'm open to any suggestions but please try to stick with 6.5" drivers that aren't too deep. I don't really want to be doing any modifications.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

look into either CDT M6, Image Dynamics, or Elemental Designs eu700s -- the CDTs are probably the best for your power and needs as a midbass driver.

EDIT: oops....didn't take price into consideration -- if your components aren't doing it for you -- I would highly recommend one of those 3, since cheaper ones probably wont satisfy you.

tan
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr85 View Post
    look into either CDT M6, Image Dynamics, or Elemental Designs eu700s -- the CDTs are probably the best for your power and needs as a midbass driver.

EDIT: oops....didn't take price into consideration -- if your components aren't doing it for you -- I would highly recommend one of those 3, since cheaper ones probably wont satisfy you.
    Thanks i will look into those. However i think i read somewhere that to get the eu700's to fit, i would have to do some modification because they are a little bit too deep. Does anyone know if this is true?

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
    Thanks i will look into those. However i think i read somewhere that to get the eu700's to fit, i would have to do some modification because they are a little bit too deep. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Yes -- a .5" spacer is best -- I can't remember what I found the minimum to be -- look around here >http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639901, I mentioned the post number with spacer information in the main post -- there is also a sticky at the top of this thread.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Sticky:

write up: How to replace the stock subs with eu700s

I suggested to drill a hole in the frame, but you can probably get away without doing that if you add the spacer to lift the speaker high enough.

truthfully-you should consider getting a 10" sub if you're looking to get GOOD bass.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I suggested to drill a hole in the frame, but you can probably get away without doing that if you add the spacer to lift the speaker high enough.
    yea - I asked eD about space requirements -- and with a .5" spacer, you are more than OK -- for this particular driver, overheating by having the port blocked isn't an issue -- only issue that might be noticeable is a decrease in SQ, but that probably isn't noticeable in IB applications.
    Last edited by fredmr85; 06-21-2007 at 02:57 PM.

tan
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Sticky:

write up: How to replace the stock subs with eu700s

truthfully-you should consider getting a 10" sub if you're looking to get GOOD bass.
    I have 2 12's sealed in the back that take care of the bass. Looking for strictly mid bass.

Thread Information