Results 1 to 17 of 17

Radio doesnt work but CD player does....

This is a discussion on Radio doesnt work but CD player does.... within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; I just bought an 03 Viper and the CD player works, but the radio does not. The old owner said ...

  1. #1
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Radio doesnt work but CD player does....

    I just bought an 03 Viper and the CD player works, but the radio does not. The old owner said that it worked before he took out the battery but when he put it in, it didnt work. I just got home with the car so tomorrow I am going to check the fuse. Has anyone had any problems with their car regarding this issue? I appreciate it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    No offense but that's a chrysler for ya, I had a problem like that in a RAM and I just changed it out for an factory 6 disk found on ebay. Took the old one apart but never found anything wrong.
    I had nothing but problems on the electrical system on my 02 ram. in fact I had nothing but problems with every system on that truck except the motor it's self. Even the paint had problems lol.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bay Area Cali
    Posts
    86

    White
    1995 Camaro Z28

    Is your antenna connected?

  4. #4
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Quote Originally Posted by manarth5103 View Post
    Is your antenna connected?
    That is what I'm hearing the most, so I have to check where it plugs into the back of the head unit.

  5. #5
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    I would lean towards it being an antenna issue too.

  6. #6
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Im hoping thats what it is...I cant really tell right now because I painted the battery tray in the back of the car and have to wait till it cures. Fingers crossed tho.

  7. #7
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Well I am extremely confused. I pulled the radio today out of my car and looked under the passenger side glove box to see where the antenna runs up to the windshield. Theres a plastic plate covering the wire end so I can't see too much but i did notice something. The foot light didn't work. So then I went to the driver side and same thing. Light didn't work. The lights don't work and the radio tuner doesnt (cd does). I wonder if it could be fuse related. Just seems awful coincidental.

  8. #8
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Hmmm...that is strange and does seem like too much to be a coincidence. It could be a fuse or wiring issue somewhere. Electrical problems can be a royal pain. I'd try swapping out the fuses first.

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Well I am extremely confused. I pulled the radio today out of my car and looked under the passenger side glove box to see where the antenna runs up to the windshield. Theres a plastic plate covering the wire end so I can't see too much but i did notice something. The foot light didn't work. So then I went to the driver side and same thing. Light didn't work. The lights don't work and the radio tuner doesnt (cd does). I wonder if it could be fuse related. Just seems awful coincidental.

  9. #9
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Ya, the manual doesnt say anything about a radio fuse anywhere. Kinda turning into a pain in the ass.

  10. #10
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    There's a radio fuse in my car. I had to pull it out not to long ago to set a new keyless remote to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Ya, the manual doesnt say anything about a radio fuse anywhere. Kinda turning into a pain in the ass.

  11. #11
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    There's a radio fuse in my car. I had to pull it out not to long ago to set a new keyless remote to it.
    Interesting. Ive been searching and even tried finding out from the viper forums and still nothing. Is it under ur dash or the hood on your car?

  12. #12
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Obviously it won't be in the same place on your Viper. But it's on the side of the console on the drivers side on my car. I just have to open the door up completely, pull off a velcroed lid and there's an array of fuses there. The relay box is under the hood.

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Interesting. Ive been searching and even tried finding out from the viper forums and still nothing. Is it under ur dash or the hood on your car?

  13. #13
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Ya I'm aware of that, I have looked everywhere and they buried it somewhere. You would think the Owners manual would have something on it.

  14. #14
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    There's really no section in your manual that tells you what each fuse is to and where it's located? Maybe on the Viper, the fuse for the radio is also for something else and they've got it named for that?

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Ya I'm aware of that, I have looked everywhere and they buried it somewhere. You would think the Owners manual would have something on it.

  15. #15
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    There's really no section in your manual that tells you what each fuse is to and where it's located? Maybe on the Viper, the fuse for the radio is also for something else and they've got it named for that?
    It does with the fuse box under the hood, and if thats the only fuse box, then like you said, it could be tied into something else, but there is no indication for the radio anywhere in the manual.

  16. #16
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    At this point, all I can suggest is you contact a Dodge dealer and ask them. I know, that would be my last resort too.

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    It does with the fuse box under the hood, and if thats the only fuse box, then like you said, it could be tied into something else, but there is no indication for the radio anywhere in the manual.

  17. #17
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    At this point, all I can suggest is you contact a Dodge dealer and ask them. I know, that would be my last resort too.
    LOL I hear ya. I wish it was just called a viper (not a dodge fan). But after testing the antenna and fuses, it's more than likely that the tuner in the head unit is bad. I thought it was just a Genaric dodge radio but I guess the viper radio is amplified to every speaker. The shitty stock radio runs 800 bucks. I guess I'll be listening to CDs and my ups sounding exhaust lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Driver Side blinker doesnt work
    By barryz in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 09:52 AM
  2. HELP! right turn signal doesnt work! (2000 WS.6)
    By ScottWernWS6 in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:07 AM
  3. Internet explorer doesnt work on my laptop
    By 310stanger in forum Computers / Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
  4. Clock/Radio face doesnt light up!
    By bryceslu in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 12:15 PM
  5. key fob doesnt work!!
    By camd98z in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •