Quick question for stereo

This is a discussion on Quick question for stereo within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; I'm in the process of sprucing up my '97 Firebird...But I'm unsure of what to use for my subs that ...

White
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Quick question for stereo

I'm in the process of sprucing up my '97 Firebird...But I'm unsure of what to use for my subs that I'll soon have. I'm putting Blaupunkt Subs in, but am unsure where.
    Subthump has some great boxes that still allow use of the T-tops, but I'm looking for more. What about behind the back seat? Using the Thin Line offered by Blaupunkt, It'll fit for sure. But will it cause any harm, or will the noise suck when the seat is being used?
    Is there any cheaper place other than sub thump that sells these boxes?

ANy advice would be great.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Behind the back seat above the gas tank is a bad place for subs in our cars. People have tried it and haven't been all that happy with the results. There seems to be an acoustic null there that results in poor sub-bass perforrmance. The best place is without a doubt in the back of the car.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Hotrod
    They make boxes that fit into the very side of the trunk, one on each side. I don't know if this makes sense but it'll keep the T-Top area clear.

1994 POS

anywhere back in the hatch, go with the sub boxes along the sides of the ttop location if you need the space, if not the ttop location is best. more cu' and louder, plus it will reflect off the hatch glass making it even louder up front.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I had a thunderform with a single 10 in it, on the driver side of the t-top holders. I'll tell you, you would never be more impressed with a single 10 than in our cars if you get a thunderform and a GOOD 10. It's all about the acoustics provided by the trunk space, and it funnels right into the cab, I took out my rear-view with a single kicker. Of course, 1 10 just doesn't sound impressive when you tell your friends about it. . .
    Like the other guys said, the back dash SUCKS, and your other option is a huge box that steals your t-top space. I have had both of those also and the 10 in the side beats them both. I had the twin 12 setup that covers the t-top hole for a while and it was insufficient, but can be great if you get everything set up just right, but mine never hit like the single 10 does, plus it weighs over 100 pounds and takes all of your storage space

White
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Well as far as the side storage goes... yea i had a 10 in there. I took it out because the previous owner hooked up the remote wire to the battery... and i have no intentions of putting it back in. anyone interested in buying one could email me)

ANother suggestion i have, and I guess I can post later to tell you all how good it works, is the SubThump.com

They have many custom boxes created jsut for out cars, mostly for 93+ i think.... So try your luck.

Thread Information