question about monsoon in my '00 Z28

This is a discussion on question about monsoon in my '00 Z28 within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; The guy before me has a pioneer headunit that powers 6 polk db speakers. I want to put a new ...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

question about monsoon in my '00 Z28

The guy before me has a pioneer headunit that powers 6 polk db speakers. I want to put a new head unit in that has mp3 capabilities. Do I need any adapters or anything when i go to wire up the two wiring harnesses. Cuz he monsoon has 6 speakers and headunits only power 4 speakers. Did he somehow wire two sets of speakers together or what?

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    The guy before me has a pioneer headunit that powers 6 polk db speakers. I want to put a new head unit in that has mp3 capabilities. Do I need any adapters or anything when i go to wire up the two wiring harnesses. Cuz he monsoon has 6 speakers and headunits only power 4 speakers. Did he somehow wire two sets of speakers together or what?
    I don't even know what you're trying to say.....especially in the first sentence.............

You are fine, get a new HU if you desire -- makes no differencee, and FYI in Camaros the HU does not power 4 speakers (only in the Pontiac version of the Monsoon does it power the 4 tweeters)... no adapters necessary.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Oh sorry....I guess I could be more specific. I should of read over that before I posted haha. The guy who had the car before me put in a pioneer head unit that powers 6 polk db speakers. I want to replace the pioneer with something that can play mp3 and my ipod. So are you saying the headunit won't send power to the speakers at all? The stock monsoon amp does all of it? If so then I guess I don't really have a problem, i'll just match the wires up and I should be good to go.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-01-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

i'll just match the wires up and I should be good to go.
    yep

Thread Information