LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Put eDead in rear well.

I bought some eDead for $1 a sf and wanted to do te entire back of the Z28. After I removed the side panels that house the 4 inch speakers in back I was thinking, why not cover the entire backside with eDead since it is so flexible and it would cover holes and help keep noise down. Then I used a wire thing and covered my speakers with the eDead(used the wire to keep space in there). I am trying to keep weight down, so I didn't do the wheels wells. I did do the T top well though. When I tested the sound, the rear speakers(Pioneer) now can be heard over the front speakers even at higher volumes and bass is deeper and less rattle sound, so it only took about 12 square feet to do the back.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 12-01-2005 at 02:03 PM. Reason: sounded stupid in title
    2002 Z28, A4, sebring silver, all options, factory ground effects, FLP LT headers and cats, magnaflow catback, 3400 Fuddle stall/2.1 str, K&N FIPK, ported throttle body, STB, DD SFC's, t.b bypass, Predator tune

Black
    2013 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by rotwiler
    I bought some eDead for $1 a sf and wanted to do te entire back of the Z28. After I removed the side panels that house the 4 inch speakers in back I was thinking, why not cover the entire backside with eDead since it is so flexible and it would cover holes and help keep noise down. Then I used a wire thing and covered my speakers with the eDead(used the wire to keep space in there). I am trying to keep weight down, so I didn't do the wheels wells. I did do the T top well though. When I tested the sound, the rear speakers(Pioneer) now can be heard over the front speakers even at higher volumes and bass is deeper and less rattle sound, so it only took about 12 square feet to do the back.
    And how much does all that weigh?

I know stuff like that & Dynamat is fairly heavy.

If you don't race it, good move on the noise reduction.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

20 Square feet was 7 lbs. I used 12 feet, so about 4 lbs. I do race ET drags all summer, but 4 lbs isn't going to make a difference. Well worth the 4 lbs, I also have a removable subthump millhouse box, so none of the weight from the subwoofers is in there when I do race. My main weight problem is my fat a$$.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 12-01-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information