BLACK
    02 TRANS AM

power wire placement

ok i'm in the middle of installing my amp and sub, i can't seem to find a place to run my power wire thru the firewall, can anyone tell me where you ran yours. also i was thinking instead of running signal all the way from the front to just go off my power antenna wire in the passanger side wheel well, but i'm not sure which wire to splice into, has anyone done this or tryed this, if so which color wire or can someone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram. thanks guys

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I would suggest getting a volt meter and test the wires. That is the safest way to ensure you have voltage without any doubts.
    John
    Come by and check out my 2000 SS
    Click here
    FQuick Site

BLACK
    02 TRANS AM

i know a DMM would work the best but it's at work today and i called in sick so i really cant go get it

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Quote Originally Posted by tommydta
    ok i'm in the middle of installing my amp and sub, i can't seem to find a place to run my power wire thru the firewall, can anyone tell me where you ran yours. also i was thinking instead of running signal all the way from the front to just go off my power antenna wire in the passanger side wheel well, but i'm not sure which wire to splice into, has anyone done this or tryed this, if so which color wire or can someone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram. thanks guys
    I'm not sure I follow what it is you're asking here. You start by asking how to get power thru the firewall then you don't want to run signal from in front and want to get it off of the antenna. You can't do that. If you want to power an amplifier you can't get it from the antenna wiring. The wire isn't large enough to carry the amount of current required by an amp. If you want to know how to get a power cable thru the firewall go to F-Body Audio and read the "Tech Section" there.

BLACK
    02 TRANS AM

i want to get the signal wire off the antenna not the power wire but thanks for the help with power wire. i read the tech articles but no help
    Last edited by tommydta; 03-08-2006 at 12:13 PM.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

What signal wire off of the antenna? Do you mean the remote turn on lead? If so I don't know about back by the antenna but the power antenna wire coming out of the HU is pink.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I ran my 1/0 Guage power wire down the passanger side of my camaro worked perfect.

If u want to hook up smaller amp there is a few power cables already in the back off the factory amp, atleast in my car. that could be used as well for a lower wattage amp.
    Click for full size
    2000 Camaro SS Black Loaded LS1 6-Speed T-Tops, STS Rear-Mount Turbo, 42Lb Injectors, Racetronixs Fuel pump upgrade system, Custom Tune by Rick Squires @ STS Turbo, Goodyear F1 DS-G3 275 40zr17's. 3.73Rear End.

Thread Information