Power Window Issues

This is a discussion on Power Window Issues within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; My passenger window used to stop before getting up, not enough power to raise it. Then I installed auto trix ...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Power Window Issues

My passenger window used to stop before getting up, not enough power to raise it. Then I installed auto trix kit, and the window goes up and down perfectly. My problem now is circuit breaker.

With one operation of either driver window up or the passenger window up, the circuit breaker is so hot you can't touch it, so then it stops, and I have to wait for it to cool down. Now I do not know if this was a pre-existing problem? Or if autotrix fix just magnafied it. Both windows work when they are not overheating, so I have to assume I wired it all perfectly.

There is no logical reason why this system should be doing this. Any help will be much appreciated. It has me scratching my head.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I gave up on it. I replace both motors last year. 800.00 bucks with labor....

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I think one motor or the other is pulling to much electricity. The gearing is not low enough to move that big window and it is taking its wear on it. That is the only thing I have came up with after hours of debating, if it was a short, it would not work at all. New motors is an easy install, on f-150 of mine it was riveted in and similar. I want to know the problem and the cause before I do anything though. So any ideas you guys got no matter how far fetched throw em out here!

navy blue metallic
    1999 trans am

mine would stop too, then cool down and work again.
    replaced the motor, all is good now. motor was 50 bucks
    at autozone.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I went out this morning to check it again after a night of rest. Went up and down using passenger door window control and did that 10 times. Then I went up down 10 times on driver window. Breaker was still ice cold. But, the passenger door button on the driver door would not work. Definition of odd. This is why I prefer to work on computers

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Found the problem. On the driver's door. The window control button you push to go up and down. Hooked it up to the electrical continuity tested. Driver window switch perfect, passenger one, sending a signal 100% non-stop??? It was fighting itself trying to go up and down all the time. LoL. Something broke inside the switch. When you wiggle it, the continuity quit, and it is intermittent. Really screwy.

Excellent work!
    BTW how do you like the kit once everything was operational?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I like anything that saves me money and is the easier route. The rivoted window motor is easy to get out, but why drill holes in your car door and risk goofing up when you can run two wires and be done with it.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by btaylorSS2001 View Post
    I gave up on it. I replace both motors last year. 800.00 bucks with labor....

Holy S**T! Your crazy!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    My passenger window used to stop before getting up, not enough power to raise it. Then I installed auto trix kit, and the window goes up and down perfectly. My problem now is circuit breaker.

With one operation of either driver window up or the passenger window up, the circuit breaker is so hot you can't touch it, so then it stops, and I have to wait for it to cool down. Now I do not know if this was a pre-existing problem? Or if autotrix fix just magnafied it. Both windows work when they are not overheating, so I have to assume I wired it all perfectly.

There is no logical reason why this system should be doing this. Any help will be much appreciated. It has me scratching my head.
    Where can I find the auto trix kit, and how much did it cost? I think I want to install this after I replace the passenger window motor!

The passenger window fix is availible on our website. autotrix.net

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I just got done installing it without changing the tired window motor. It took me 45 minutes to install. The directions look scarey, but once I looked it all over real good, it was very simple. It is like a new window motor. I recommend this to everyone. My window now goes up in 4 seconds and down in 3.5 seconds!!

silver
    2002 pontiac trans am ws6

I have a 2002 ws6 T/A and I have a problem with my driver side window that all of a sudden it won't go up or down. I have to turn the ignition key on and off to try to get it to reach the top. I used to have a 1995 trans am that I traded for the 02 T/A, that had the same problem on the passenger side window. I wonder if the autotrix will be able to solve this problem for me. Or can anyone tell me why this happens and how can I fix my window problem?

You can search for lots of great info and write-ups about the window issues for these cars. I am not physically there to help inspect your problem, although our product has been known to wake up old motors; sometimes the motor is just wasted and needs to be replaced. Our main intensions with the kit is to help increase the life of the passenger side window motor by supplying proper voltage/current flow.
    Last edited by autotrix; 09-26-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information