Power Door Locks

Trying to figure out what is wrong with the power door locks on the new 98 TA i just purchased. I think that there was an aftermarket alarm installed that the previous owner removed before I bought the car, so perhaps that has something to do with it. I hear the relay clicking under the glove box when I operate either passenger or driver switch both on and off, but nothing happens. Could it be something with the wiring at the BCM or is it possible both passenger and driver actuators are both shot?

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Why do you think there was an alarm from the previous owner? Have you looked for loose wires under the steering column? Most cars had a factory alarm. Is there a light on the dash for an alarm?

There are signs of an aftermarket alarm, viper sticker on the drivers door, and red LED light on the dash (dont think that was there on factory alarm). I'm pretty sure the factory alarm was replaced at some point, as far as I know keyless factory alarm was standard on TA's. The car had no keyless remote when I purchased it. (bought from dealer) Honestly it may have nothing to do with a hastily stripped off aftermarket alarm, but I don't know. Hoping you guys had some ideas. Haven't really gotten down and dirty with the wiring, but i'll be taking a closer look this weekend. May also take it to a really good local shop that does aftermarket alarms and see if they can figure out whats going on and install a new alarm system in the process.
    Last edited by jdnoyes; 11-17-2008 at 05:05 PM.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

If they install a new alarm I am sure they can make them work. With a previous alarm who knows what butchery might have been done. Might be just a bad ground being that the relays are clicking. Could even be a bad relay.

Thread Information