Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Post Your Sound Systems

This is a discussion on Post Your Sound Systems within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 That's actually a head unit problem. I used to have that same head unit and around ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    That's actually a head unit problem. I used to have that same head unit and around 23 on the volume, it would kind of deaden the sound. I think the head unit does that so that people without amps don't blow their speakers. No matter what I did or where the gain was set at with that head unit, I couldn't get it to stop deadening the sound.

I think I solved that, I just didn't use the BSG option, I had it at no effect, and changed the bass/treble level to compensate and I can bring it up 25 with no lessening of the volume.

EDIT:

I wasn't thinking, I meant the BBE option. Keeping it on off and moving the bass/treble manually will allow you to raise the volume past 23 without the tuner/amp/whatever minimizing the levels.
    Last edited by Carlos01SS; 02-04-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    I just got the Optima yellowtop and am in the process of getting a 250 amp alternator, will be doing the big 3 re-wire first, then I'm going to change my setup and put all my amps on that flat space right over where the gas tank is, apparently stacking the PDX amps are only stackable if the amps are parallel to the floor of the car, I just read that in the Alpine PDX 1.1000 instructions!!!
    So I found out why the amps are only stackable parrallel to the floor. when you stack the perpendicular, if the screw or anything touches the other case, it carries the ground with it. As I was trying to figure out what in the hell was wrong with my system, I found out that if I only grounded one of the amps, both would turn on. The casing carries the ground throughout it. Pretty stupid.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    So I found out why the amps are only stackable parrallel to the floor. when you stack the perpendicular, if the screw or anything touches the other case, it carries the ground with it. As I was trying to figure out what in the hell was wrong with my system, I found out that if I only grounded one of the amps, both would turn on. The casing carries the ground throughout it. Pretty stupid.

Really???

That is pretty stupid!

Custom box with amp rack, 1cubic ft of airspace for each 10, seperate chambers, totally concealed. Everything dynamatted from the trunk to the back seat. One day I'll do my doors.

Installed:

Some better views of the box. Clips are installed under the amp rack to hold the wires as well as neon lights, pictured below. The only changes to this setup...I doubled up the legs all the way around so it's even more stable. Better safe then sorry.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

I absolutely love that setup!!!!! You've inspired me; i was already thinking of moving equipment from over gas tank to over my subs, mounted to box as you have done. Thinking of using framed plexiglass so the subs would be visible behind it and maybe a light; although last lighting i had i grew out of quickly. your's looks subtle and tasteful however. nice work!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Franjo View Post
    Custom box with amp rack, 1cubic ft of airspace for each 10, seperate chambers, totally concealed. Everything dynamatted from the trunk to the back seat. One day I'll do my doors.

Installed:

Click for full size

Click for full size

Some better views of the box. Clips are installed under the amp rack to hold the wires as well as neon lights, pictured below. The only changes to this setup...I doubled up the legs all the way around so it's even more stable. Better safe then sorry.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Looks great! Did the dynamatt help with the rattles? I have a lot, especially in the taillight area. Inside the car sounds great, but the rattles outside make it sound shitty.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I appreciate it, I love this setup because it's subtle. As for the neon, I only wanted it shining on the subs, so I bought two really short tubes. I had equipment sitting on the deck before and I just wasn't comfertable with it in plain site. I did lose my ttop holders, but I never used them, I just lay them down in the back seat with the seat folded down.

I personally think sound deadening is a must. I don't have one rattle in my car. Just pure clean sound, inside and out. No vibrations are heard from the outside whatsoever. Be sure to get the back of the license plate as well. It is pretty simple to take apart the back of our cars, so I say do it.

02WS6dream, I'd love to see a similar setup but with plexi. It's a pretty simple concept, other people with some more imagination can make it look wild im sure.
    Last edited by Franjo; 03-04-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Franjo View Post
    Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I appreciate it, I love this setup because it's subtle. As for the neon, I only wanted it shining on the subs, so I bought two really short tubes. I had equipment sitting on the deck before and I just wasn't comfertable with it in plain site. I did lose my ttop holders, but I never used them, I just lay them down in the back seat with the seat folded down.

I personally think sound deadening is a must. I don't have one rattle in my car. Just pure clean sound, inside and out. No vibrations are heard from the outside whatsoever. Be sure to get the back of the license plate as well. It is pretty simple to take apart the back of our cars, so I say do it.

02WS6dream, I'd love to see a similar setup but with plexi. It's a pretty simple concept, other people with some more imagination can make it look wild im sure.

Man you have a GREAT and original setup!!!

REALLY nice!!!

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

(storage underneath amp rack)

rapter34
    here is my sound system...

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Here's my set up that I just got in last week. The boxes were originally from subthump.com but I bought them from a guy about 2 hours away. He put them and two Rockford Fosgate P310D4's on ebay, I was able to win the two boxes for a total of $92 and gave him $230 total for the two subs and boxes. So I basically got the subs for $140. The amp is a cheap Volfenhag amp, it will be upgraded later when I get some more money, and I am looking at aftermarket headunits.

I do have a question about factory components though. What all is different between the monsoon system and the non-monsoon system? I had read in one post where they were the same HU's, so I wasn't quite sure if maybe the amp was different or if the speakers were. I do know I don't have the speakers by the rear seats and was wondering if they helped with the sound any at all. Thanks
    Steve

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

The speakers behind the front seats, by the rears (not in the hatch area) are small sub-like speakers in the monsoon setup. they would not benefit you since you have larger, more powerful, better sounding, 'real' subs in your fender wells that replace them

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

This is my set up Alpine head unit R/F amps and cap. Orion 12" sub in custom boxes.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

interesting set-up man! how is the plexi attached? I notice the edges are all still visible and raised; curious what keeps it in place. the fans are a nice touch!

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

The box is raised up on the two ends about 5/16" and the glass is sandwitched in between.I can take if off in a matter of seconds if I need to do a little tweeking. My original plan was to cut a boarder about 1" wide out of diamond plate to cover the transition of glass to wood or even leave it as is and use some chrome fasteners, but not sure yet.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

This is my system. It is not even close to being finished yet.

The head unit is an ancient Kenwood. It has all the features but is starting to show its age.

I am making a cover to go around the amp to hid all of the wires.

4 guage wire run to the back.

The whole car was ripped apart and wired.

It was messy, I know!

Orion "The Beast" 1,000 watt sub amp!

1,200 watt Orion 10" DVC w/ 4" excursion

Orion 800 watt 4 channel amp

[IMG][/IMG]

I had Camaro door panels and front and back MB Quart components, but I replaced them with custom made T/A door panels with Orion 6.5" subs and tweeters w/ crossovers.

Orion 6.5" subs and tweeters w/ crossovers. (same as doors)

Here is what is left from the MB Quartz components that I decided to keep.

MB Quartz and Orion crossovers being installed.

red
    2000 Firehawk

Clarion Pro Audio VRX935VD(Am/Fm, DVD, CD, MP3 player with 7" LC Display), XM radio, 2 Kicker Comp VR 12" subs in custom box, Crossfire VR402 & VR1000D amps, Blaupunkt 6.5" & 1" components, PS2, 15" HD flat screen TV in the hatch on custom mount & DVD holder

http://www.superior-motorsports.com/...ics/matt33.jpg

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by y2khawk120 View Post
    Clarion Pro Audio VRX935VD(Am/Fm, DVD, CD, MP3 player with 7" LC Display), XM radio, 2 Kicker Comp VR 12" subs in custom box, Crossfire VR402 & VR1000D amps, Blaupunkt 6.5" & 1" components, PS2, 15" HD flat screen TV in the hatch on custom mount & DVD holder
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Nice looking setup. I have a question, tho. I don't mean any disrespect, but why would somebody want to watch a DVD in their car? I mean, set up your chair behind your car to watch a movie? I would rather watch it in my house. The one good thing I can think of with a setup like that is that makes it easy to show off your drag racing skills, or road racing, when you are at a car show.

red
    2000 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice looking setup. I have a question, tho. I don't mean any disrespect, but why would somebody want to watch a DVD in their car? I mean, set up your chair behind your car to watch a movie? I would rather watch it in my house. The one good thing I can think of with a setup like that is that makes it easy to show off your drag racing skills, or road racing, when you are at a car show.
    I go to alot of car shows. it always have a music video playing, some kind of car vid or we have fun playing guitar hero at the shows. I dont leave the tv in there normally. its just a car show thing.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by y2khawk120 View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Got a better pic of the door panels? What did you paint them with?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information