Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 143

Post Your Sound Systems

This is a discussion on Post Your Sound Systems within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Wow this is beautiful! beats the hell out of my cheap black plastic. Too bad I'm not supercharged though......

  1. #81
    Member Mr Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boise
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 T/A A4

    Wow this is beautiful!

    beats the hell out of my cheap black plastic. Too bad I'm not supercharged though...

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    79

    Red
    94 Pont. Firebird Formula

    thats filthy nasty
    in a good way though
    i want one so bad... but just wondering.. how much did you have to dish out for the brushed aluminum all together?

  3. #83
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    The Alpine HU that I got has an optional accessory that can program the head unit to work with the existing steering wheel controls.

    I bought it, haven't the knowledge to make it work thru the steering wheel controls, but a friend of mine has got the madskillz to be able to do it, so he's going to do that for me.
    That sounds badass! Keep us updated!

  4. #84
    Member Mr Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boise
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 T/A A4

    Quote Originally Posted by squeals99 View Post
    thats filthy nasty
    in a good way though
    i want one so bad... but just wondering.. how much did you have to dish out for the brushed aluminum all together?
    That was the picture from the website.

  5. #85
    Member nate_the_great17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    fortworth
    Posts
    224

    81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6


  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    79

    Red
    94 Pont. Firebird Formula

    .

    ahh dang... i was hopin someone bought it so i could see about how much its gonna cost me all together...

  7. #87
    Member Mr Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boise
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 T/A A4

    Well according to the site, it'd be $100 for the brushed aluminum with Trans Am above the deck that illuminates blue. $107 in total with shipping.

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    I have the stock midbass speakers in the door with some Rockford Fosgate tweeters, the midbass woofers from said Rockford Fosgate component set in the sailpanel, the two stock tweeters in the hatch and a set of Rockford Fosgate 6x9's mounted in the divider panel along with a 200w pioneer amp that powers them.

  9. #89
    Member LgndKller20073's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Age
    28
    Posts
    455

    Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

    I bought probably the same thing to make my steering wheel controls work (PAC SWI-JACK). It's SUPER easy to program. The instructions guide you through the setup fairly well.

  10. #90
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    My god man, do I have to hold your hand???


    there is a sponsor @ls1tech.com username is KEE AUDIO

    That's the best I could do...

    Post a thread in there if KEE AUDIO doesn't work out.

    Don't forget now, there are quite a few Camaro threads out there, like z28.com, camaross.com, ls2.com, fbodyaddict.com, lt1tech.com, SOMEONE out there has to know SOMEBODY who has or can make a set for you.

    Good luck!
    NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO HOLD MY HAND!! I tried to send him an Email and I got nothing back. You just recently gave me his username which would better help me on a forum than an Email, duh. Obviously I didn't find anything so I asked if you new of some other place. If it's to much trouble, I will not ask you again! Thanks for the help!

  11. #91
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO HOLD MY HAND!! I tried to send him an Email and I got nothing back. You just recently gave me his username which would better help me on a forum than an Email, duh. Obviously I didn't find anything so I asked if you new of some other place. If it's to much trouble, I will not ask you again! Thanks for the help!
    Dude, I was kidding.

    You didn't see my ?

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    No excitement from me. It's all about going fast so mine is and will stay stock.

  13. #93
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    Dude, I was kidding.

    You didn't see my ?
    O.K. sorry. My bad..
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 01-16-2008 at 03:30 PM.

  14. #94
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    O.K. sorry. My bad..

  15. #95
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    So hey, no one Kee Audio didn't respond to you yet?

  16. #96
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    So hey, no one Kee Audio didn't respond to you yet?
    Yup, thanks, I found him. His told me to tell you, "Whats up"

  17. #97
    Member LgndKller20073's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Age
    28
    Posts
    455

    Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    I just bought the passenger side subthump stealthbox and another type R 10" sub and another PDX 1.1000 amp, gonna stack it over the existing PDX 1.1000, I figure it's gonna beat pretty good.
    have you installed the passenger side box yet? how difficult was it? my sub blew(after doing some research i guess it was a ticking time bomb as to when it would. supposed to have AT LEAST 1.75 cu. feet of airspace, stealth box only has .6), so I'm looking into replacing it with 2 Type R's and running them off the single PDX 1.1000 amp. I figure I'll replace I'll this when I dynamat my car in a few weeks when it gets a bit warmer outside. But how do you like the Type R in the stealth box? does it hit pretty hard?

  18. #98
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    have you installed the passenger side box yet? how difficult was it? my sub blew(after doing some research i guess it was a ticking time bomb as to when it would. supposed to have AT LEAST 1.75 cu. feet of airspace, stealth box only has .6), so I'm looking into replacing it with 2 Type R's and running them off the single PDX 1.1000 amp. I figure I'll replace I'll this when I dynamat my car in a few weeks when it gets a bit warmer outside. But how do you like the Type R in the stealth box? does it hit pretty hard?
    It doesn't sit well at all IMHO, it's tilted, so I'm going to modify the fit so the box sits perpendicular to the floor like the driver side stealth, which fit a lot better.

    putting in the 2nd Type R made a big difference I must say.
    My friend who opted to get a 12" for his stealthbox from another manufacturer told me that my 2 10's hit very well and because they're 10's and they rebound faster than bigger inch subs the response is pretty instantaneous, his 12" wouldn't be able to do that, so that was good feedback from him.

    I'm a rocker and I love the double bass drums from Metallica and Tool and it's wonderful when it hits and I feel like I'm in a studio when it's happening!

    I'm pretty pleased with the results. I still need to fine tune the amp, as it tends to shut down if the volume is set at 25, 35 being the highest. Gotta lower the gain a bit so I am able to pound it without the amp shutting down on me.

  19. #99
    Member LgndKller20073's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Age
    28
    Posts
    455

    Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    It doesn't sit well at all IMHO, it's tilted, so I'm going to modify the fit so the box sits perpendicular to the floor like the driver side stealth, which fit a lot better.

    putting in the 2nd Type R made a big difference I must say.
    My friend who opted to get a 12" for his stealthbox from another manufacturer told me that my 2 10's hit very well and because they're 10's and they rebound faster than bigger inch subs the response is pretty instantaneous, his 12" wouldn't be able to do that, so that was good feedback from him.

    I'm a rocker and I love the double bass drums from Metallica and Tool and it's wonderful when it hits and I feel like I'm in a studio when it's happening!

    I'm pretty pleased with the results. I still need to fine tune the amp, as it tends to shut down if the volume is set at 25, 35 being the highest. Gotta lower the gain a bit so I am able to pound it without the amp shutting down on me.
    so you would recommend getting the passenger side box then?

    That's actually a head unit problem. I used to have that same head unit and around 23 on the volume, it would kind of deaden the sound. I think the head unit does that so that people without amps don't blow their speakers. No matter what I did or where the gain was set at with that head unit, I couldn't get it to stop deadening the sound.

  20. #100
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    so you would recommend getting the passenger side box then?

    That's actually a head unit problem. I used to have that same head unit and around 23 on the volume, it would kind of deaden the sound. I think the head unit does that so that people without amps don't blow their speakers. No matter what I did or where the gain was set at with that head unit, I couldn't get it to stop deadening the sound.

    Well for me the passenger side box was needed cuz I wanted more Bass, and I figure establishing another Type R @500watts RMS and another PDX-1.1000 amp would do the trick, but then I found out that I was pushing 1600 watts RMS right now, adding another 1000 watts RMS would force me to change the power wire from a 4 gauge to a 0 gauge, so I then decided to add just the 2nd sub and wire to the existing PDX-1.1000 amp and the bass filled out with intensity and fullness, and still hitting clean and sharp and fast.

    So for me, it was a good idea. The stealthbox, well, it is what it is. I'd buy it again though, as the objective was to add another sub, and short of buying another double 10" setup which would take away my limited trunk space, the passenger stealthbox was the only option.

    Now, NOT to say that the Subthump stealthbox is bad. Actually it is very well made, it just doesn't "sit" the way I want it to, so I'll have to do something so that it fits better than right now.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-21-2016, 09:12 AM
  2. Question: STS Systems
    By BR427 in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 03:23 AM
  3. Post up your cam sound clips...
    By Mr. Luos in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 03:10 PM
  4. GPS systems
    By snaggeltooth in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 05:13 PM
  5. Post up your FI fuel systems
    By finishline in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 03:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •