Artic White
    2002 Z28

Question please hep with amp hook up

does anybody have a installation guide on on to amp the front door speakers ? I just bought a set of:

Lanzar OPTI62
    RMS Power Range : 200 Watts
    Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts
    Impedance: 4 Ohm
    Frequency response: 55-22000 Hz
    Design: 2 Way

for the front and was wondering how I would hook it up to a

Sony XM-554ZR
    Channel(s)
    4 Channel(s)
    Output Power

4 x 55W RMS @ 4 Ohm
    4 x 65W RMS @ 2 Ohm
    1 x 130W RMS @ 4 Ohm - Bridged

Maximum Power
    600W .........................................

I have a separate Audiobahn amp for the subs and was wondering if it would easier to put an extra battery in the back so I wouldnt have to run both amp wires all the way to the front .....Please help thanks

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

is that the only configuration that amp can be bridged at?

also -- that is 200wRMS per PAIR, correct?

Artic White
    2002 Z28

I think yes on the amp and yes that is per pair

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

interesting - I'd say just use 2 of the amps channels first and see how that sounds since you wouldn't get much more out of bridging and you would lose some individual control over the speakers

that should be enough to make those speakers sound decent -- can always switch it up later...I don't know how much power those can really handle and sound good (though I guess they claim 100wRMS a piece)

do you have anything you could power with the other 2 channels?

Artic White
    2002 Z28

i had to 10" subs but I got another amp to power those ... i was going for a good LOOKING setup and I ust thought 2 amps looks better than 1....what could I buy to use the other 2 channels with?

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by homerunhtr21 View Post
    i had to 10" subs but I got another amp to power those ... i was going for a good LOOKING setup and I ust thought 2 amps looks better than 1....what could I buy to use the other 2 channels with?
    Nothing really...unless you want to use hatch speakers. The stock sail locations get more power from the factory Monsoon amp, so no good there -- unless you want coaxials there (some people only like full range speakers coming from a more front stage, though it's personal preference as others prefer to hear sound reproduced from all directions....also that obviously means no sail subs so you'd want to make sure you have your 10" subs in then).

Could always bridge it and get the spkrs another 10wRMS a piece I guess -- I just don't know how those speakers will sound (who knows might crap out at 40wRMS and it would be pointless to give them more; I'm not familiar with the quality of Lanzar)...
    Last edited by fredmr85; 04-24-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Artic White
    2002 Z28

well i blew out one of the sail panel speakers so i only have one right now...what would you suggest to put there? I researched all kinds of door speakers and A LOT of people said that the LANZAR products were high quality and sounded great so i thought i would give them a shot..

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

well i blew out one of the sail panel speakers so i only have one right now...what would you suggest to put there? I researched all kinds of door speakers and A LOT of people said that the LANZAR products were high quality and sounded great so i thought i would give them a shot..
    Where did a lot of people tell you Lanzar was high quality (some of their upper amps I've read are decent)? (were they the same people that recommended Xplod amps?) Just another cheap ebay brand I thought like Pyle, Legacy, Precision Audio, Audio Pipe, Pyramid, etc. -can't think of others...Visonik.....

- what make is your car (this will influence sail panel choices)
    - for Pontiacs go with the eu700s, for Camaros go with eu700s (sticky at top of forum), or CDT M6.

Artic White
    2002 Z28

one of my friend has them in his camaro and all the reviews I have read on a lot of sites (onlinecarstereo.com,etronics.com) there were nothing but good reviews. I asked a local audio shop about the (audio x in florence alabama) and they said they had heard good things about them. And I have a 2000 trans am ws6

Artic White
    2002 Z28

and the xplode amp I bought I was told was a good lower price amp ( i dont have tons of money to spend 300,400 dollars on just an amp ) and the lanzar speakers once again i thought were good because of the reviews and what people told me. Am I just getting screwed on everything i buy? i mean its sounding like my research is a waste of time if everybody is lying to me

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

since you have an amp for the sub (call is amp_sub).
    I'd still put the new amp (call is amp_front) close to it in the back.
    the signal from your radio goes in the amp_front.
    there is a signal out... plug an RCA there to connect to the amp_sub.

For the front speakers, since the amp_front is a 4ch setup, I'd bridge ch1-2 front_left_spkr and ch3-4 front_right_spkr
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

and the xplode amp I bought I was told was a good lower price amp ( i dont have tons of money to spend 300,400 dollars on just an amp ) and the lanzar speakers once again i thought were good because of the reviews and what people told me. Am I just getting screwed on everything i buy? i mean its sounding like my research is a waste of time if everybody is lying to me
    Don't have to spend anywhere near that on an amp just for the speakers. The ultimate budget amps that are of good quality are made by Phoenix Gold. Here's one example: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ld+R5.0-4.html
    You will probably be fine with those speakers though -- they don't really seem to have a good reputation or bad from what I've read on forums (as far as their higher end speakers). Everything you read in reviews were probably because they spent money on it and were satisfied with their purchase -- anyone can write reviews there, but car audio forums can provide much better advice and experience. Also -- most reviews for products ARE good because you wouldn't purchase the product if you thought it was bad....and who knows maybe that has some kinda mental impact...but as you know you can find good reviews on the worst products.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    since you have an amp for the sub (call is amp_sub).
    I'd still put the new amp (call is amp_front) close to it in the back.
    the signal from your radio goes in the amp_front.
    there is a signal out... plug an RCA there to connect to the amp_sub.

For the front speakers, since the amp_front is a 4ch setup, I'd bridge ch1-2 front_left_spkr and ch3-4 front_right_spkr
    I'd still run separate RCAs from the HU to maintain individual control over the speakers (ex. if amp is off of non-fading outs).

Yea bridging 4 >> 2 channels would be best, but I am not familiar with Xplod amps -- and from all the specs I've looked at, it seems to only be bridgeable down to one channel for some reason.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

wiring the left+ to ch1+
    wiring the left- to ch2-
    this bridges the left on ch1-2

wiring the right+ to ch3+
    wiring the right- to ch4-
    this bridges the left on ch3-4

you basically have this:
    .ch1. .ch2. .ch3. .ch4.

wire based on the bottom lines (top lines is for using 4 channels)

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Bridging is different for every amplifier -- it's possible that there is only the 4 channels, and then the mono-mode for a cheap amp like this. Not all amps can be bridged in every combination - and those that can have certain minimal speaker impedance requirements (as always).

Check the owners manual -- if it doesn't say you can bridge it into 2 channels, then you probably can't without damaging something.

Artic White
    2002 Z28

well that amp is gone I sold it to one of my friedns at school and am in the process of buying anohter one. The place I order the door speakers from said they were on backorder so I went ahead and cancelled the order and got my money back. So basically im starting over with nothing...it might be easier to get something good this time now that I am talking to people who actually know what they are talking about

Thread Information