Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Planned Car Stereo Upgrades! *Camaro GT Street*

This is a discussion on Planned Car Stereo Upgrades! *Camaro GT Street* within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by M-ManLA Hey my system in my other car lasted 4 yrs and counting. Only had one speaker ...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    Hey my system in my other car lasted 4 yrs and counting. Only had one speaker blow on me (That was because I stuffed a 5 1/4" Speaker in a 4*6" Speaker opening). Bought a regular 4*6 and it works fine! I drove lots of miles bumping my system, so it is not like I had just listen to it for 15 mins a day. Like Y2K said, you have to tune it right. I heard systems with Alpines and JLs sound like crap. It is what you use and how you use it and set it up.
    Obviously you haven't heard very good systems. I am not one for bass, but I have JL components in my truck and they sound 100x better than some sony crap.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

The Fuck the experts know? What is an expert? The local install guy. The expert is people that makes six to seven figures. Why does everyone define and Expert as the install guys? Some of them people barely gets paid $15 an hour. The best expert is YOU! I had my dear friend that I love tell another co-worker that the iPod only charges via USB in a Sony unit (at least he said Sony lol) today. the guy had a Kenwood unit, and was about to buy the Kenwood iPod cables. I told him they should charge and play at the same time. They was skeptical of it at first, but I took the cables, gave it to him, and told him to plug it in to his iPod. Guess what, IT WORKED AND CHARGED AT THE SAME TIME! Why was I right? Because I am the KING OF THE SHIT THAT I DO! I will turn all of you guys Alpines and Rockford systems and make it sound cleaner and better, just like the producer wanted you to hear. Now people can we please get back to what this forum was suppose to be, and show off your system. And no more bashing. If you want me to have something else, then give me cash for it. Any takers?
    well im going from personal experience and what EVERY person who installs/sells/uses these products says. your using an example of one guy who didnt know shit. and if your analogy is true, than a car expert isnt a good mechanic but its guys like chip foose.

and i never said the sony stuff didnt sound good, because it sounded great, it just didnt last. my head unit started to not play cds and would freeze up. how is that effected by and calibration or install?

and like everyone has already said, its your money, buy whatever the fuck you want. but this is a discussion forum, so the point is to share ideas and opinions. so calm down.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    well im going from personal experience and what EVERY person who installs/sells/uses these products says. your using an example of one guy who didnt know shit. and if your analogy is true, than a car expert isnt a good mechanic but its guys like chip foose.

and i never said the sony stuff didnt sound good, because it sounded great, it just didnt last. my head unit started to not play cds and would freeze up. how is that effected by and calibration or install?

and like everyone has already said, its your money, buy whatever the fuck you want. but this is a discussion forum, so the point is to share ideas and opinions. so calm down.
    Saying something sucks is not sharing.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Again, you base your argument on the OPINION of sound. He might think your stereo sounds like sh!t, even if you and all your buddies thinks it rocks. Your idea of good quality could mean shaking every piece of your car off, while he would think good quality means hearing every instrument in the entire orchestra in balance. Everyone has a different opinion on sound quality, that's why there are so many different brands out there. Bashing one because YOU don't like it means sh!t to the OP of this thread.
    I guess ppl will never realize this.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Obviously you haven't heard very good systems. I am not one for bass, but I have JL components in my truck and they sound 100x better than some sony crap.
    Does It? I don't think so. You have components in the truck? I hope you do competition or getting sponsored because otherwise components is useless in the trunk.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

I can't break from my CD's man lol. I love them. I don't like Ipods really. I rather get a Zune. But my phone is BT so I will be using that as well. But CD's will still be my primary souce of music since I get my music LEGALLY!
    I lost over 200 cd's and was forced to buy an Ipod, zune wasnt out yet. Thankfully I had most backed up. I wish I still had them. I too still buy cd's the sound quality is better than mp3's. I did notice a little difference going to an Ipod.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    I lost over 200 cd's and was forced to buy an Ipod, zune wasnt out yet. Thankfully I had most backed up. I wish I still had them. I too still buy cd's the sound quality is better than mp3's. I did notice a little difference going to an Ipod.
    OUCH! Yea the thing I do is buy the CD's and copy them and make a copy for the car. My originals rarely come out the case lol. When I get them I copy them to my cell, PS3, PSP, computer, and make a copy for the car. I don't have an iPod, but those are useful. I'm not really an Apple fan, and I like to be different so I am looking towards the Zune because I like the way the sound seems a little more fuller (besides the fact Apple makes over 60% off of most iPod, just to tell you how much tech really goes in it). I also heard some good buzz coming from CES on the new Sony Walkman, so I'll be checking those out too because I need one to excercise to. I could use my phone but it drains the battery so fast when I do that sometimes lol. I have an LG Dare btw which I love.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Saying something sucks is not sharing.
    how is it not? its my opinion. but thats fine, i wont say anything else about your setup. hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by mpfranks; 01-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

My brother had the original zune. It was nice but the battery life was short. Now headunits have usb hookups so that isnt a problem. I have an 8g flash drive in my camaro and I can use it through the headunit. Sounds really close to cd quality.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Does It? I don't think so. You have components in the truck? I hope you do competition or getting sponsored because otherwise components is useless in the trunk.
    That makes no sense...He said he has JL components in his TRUCK. Not TRUNK.

Hey my system in my other car lasted 4 yrs and counting. Only had one speaker blow on me (That was because I stuffed a 5 1/4" Speaker in a 4*6" Speaker opening). Bought a regular 4*6 and it works fine! I drove lots of miles bumping my system, so it is not like I had just listen to it for 15 mins a day. Like Y2K said, you have to tune it right. I heard systems with Alpines and JLs sound like crap. It is what you use and how you use it and set it up.
    That makes no sense, yet again...How would a speaker blow from that? Sorry, but I don't see how a 5.25" speaker will blow from being in a 4x6 hole...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Ok heres been my experiences with this shit..... pioneer, kenwood, JL, Sony, they all make good head units, it all depends on what you wanna spend, I myself am not a fan of sony or pioneer subs, the only ones i have found that hold up the best are JL's and Memphis.... and yes i have went through a set of Sony's and also a set of Alpine's with a 1200 punch rockford amp.... as for component speakers, most all will be fine b/c they dont see as much power but as with all audio equiptment you get what you pay for

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Ok heres been my experiences with this shit..... pioneer, kenwood, JL, Sony, they all make good head units, it all depends on what you wanna spend, I myself am not a fan of sony or pioneer subs, the only ones i have found that hold up the best are JL's and Memphis.... and yes i have went through a set of Sony's and also a set of Alpine's with a 1200 punch rockford amp.... as for component speakers, most all will be fine b/c they dont see as much power but as with all audio equiptment you get what you pay for
    I would have to agree. JL and Memphis do make some good subs, but I'm more a fan of the REs and FIs. GREAT subs. They can get a little costly, especially the FIs, but worth the money...

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    That makes no sense...He said he has JL components in his TRUCK. Not TRUNK.

That makes no sense, yet again...How would a speaker blow from that? Sorry, but I don't see how a 5.25" speaker will blow from being in a 4x6 hole...
    Because it is too big and the woofer touches the top panel.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    My brother had the original zune. It was nice but the battery life was short. Now headunits have usb hookups so that isnt a problem. I have an 8g flash drive in my camaro and I can use it through the headunit. Sounds really close to cd quality.
    Yea I am sure that sucks up some life lol. But it feels like a "Man" toy if you know what I am talking about. If I do get an iPod, I would get the touch though.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

For all intents and purposes, as long as you stay below 85% of max handling power, you can make even BOSS stereo stuff sound good.

But the fact is, Sony has declined in quality. Infinity subs are trash.

Alpine headunits are a great start to a system. Thats usually where I start. I also use Diamond Audio, Boston, MTX, Kicker. You can make it all sound good.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

You can make a lot of stuff sound good. Remember Tony Stark made that little power source out of a cave with scraps lol.
    I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!
    ... and now I need to save up for a new Camaro now

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Ok just an update, I am about to get "Bitten". I will post pics as soon as I get the product installed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information