Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Phuckin Monsoon on the blink AGAIN!

This is a discussion on Phuckin Monsoon on the blink AGAIN! within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by fredmr85 Nothing major - my amp is an older MTX (when they were better quality) -- puts ...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr85 View Post
    Nothing major - my amp is an older MTX (when they were better quality) -- puts out 300wRMS only. My sub is the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 that can handle 350wRMS at least. Have had this setup for 5 years with zero problems. My front speakers are stock until they blow, as well as everything else besides the HU. Once things start blowing, I will have a 4 channel amp to power higher end front component speakers (not really high end stuff, probably just MB Quart), and rear midbass subs (probably from CDT). Though I am happy with my sub, especially for the price I paid for it, as soon as something goes wrong it will most likely be replaced with something by TCSounds with a new amp. As far as amps - just stay more towards HiFonics, Phoenix Gold, JL, Kenwood, Precision Power, Elemental Designs, or any high end stuff. Phoenix gold will give the best price/performance ratio by far, IMO.
    Thanks for the info man. Yea my car is a 98 and none of the speakers are blown. Still gonna go with the infinity door speakers or maybe Polk audio if they make one that size. I put Polk audios in my s-10 and couldnt believe how awsome they sounded for $80.00.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    Thanks for the info man. Yea my car is a 98 and none of the speakers are blown. Still gonna go with the infinity door speakers or maybe Polk audio if they make one that size. I put Polk audios in my s-10 and couldnt believe how awsome they sounded for $80.00.
    IMO, you can't go wrong with the Infinitys. I've had good luck with Infinity products since the early 1990s.
    I also love listening to my exhaust note, but for extended drives I gotta have tunes...

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02bluebird View Post
    ha. i don't really care. i usually listen to the exhaust anyway... it sounds so much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information