Part Number for the Front Speakers found!

This is a discussion on Part Number for the Front Speakers found! within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; I have read a number of posts about the front speakers (in the door panels) blowing out and not being ...

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Part Number for the Front Speakers found!

I have read a number of posts about the front speakers (in the door panels) blowing out and not being able to find a suitable after market replacement, mainly due to the fact that they are 2 ohlm. Also, if pull the speaker, you'll notice that it really is two speakers rather than a two way spearker - (ie: there are four leads running to the unit, two for the sub, and two for the tweeter in the middle) - difficult to replicate in the aftermarket.

I don't want to replace the entire system for several reasons, but mainly because the monsoon really isn't that bad for a stock system. Additionally after 110k miles, the car is falling apart as is, so I don't want to invest in a decent system since I'm just going to sell it to some yahoo in a couple of years anyway.

So, I checked with GM parts direct and they were able to find the part numbers of the front speakers (for my '99 Z28 Convertible at least). The price is outragous, but it is still half of the GM Dealer list list. The parts numbers are:

9361859 - Front Left $41.50
    9361869 - Front Right $41.50

Shippng $18.00.

I don't know why the left and right have different numbers. They look the same to me. I hate to sink $100 into a medicore system, but it's easy and will hopefully get me through a year or two until I can sell it.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Did he say 'sell it to some yahoo'?!?!?

1994 POS

FYI in the doors the woofers are 2ohm, aftermarket ones can be found by infinity or elemental designs. Just make sure if you're replacing the tweeters to go for 4ohms since they run off the head unit and not the amp

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

The Infinity 62.7i(about $95 shipped on ebay) is a good replacement and everyone I have seen who has installed them say they sound much better than stock. Just make sure you use the crossover for the tweeter only and let the Monsoons amp crossover work on the 6.5. The Monsoons 6.5's have 2 inputs(1 for tweeter and one for the 6.5), the Infinity is the same way with 2 seperate inputs, so wiring is a snap and they are supposed to fit like stock. People have even had great results using Alpine 6.5 4 ohm, I'd rather stick to 2 ohm to get the most out of the Monsoon amp. Even with the Alpines people say they sound much better than stock, since they are so efficient.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

If you want I can sell you my stock monsoon speakers out of my 02 Z28 once I get the Infinity's in. Should be a few days until they arrive if you decide you want them I can order the Infinitys with 2 days shipping and send the ones out the you the same day. I can sell the front 2(they work perfect for $20) and whatever it actually costs to ship(around $5 I'd think) so about $25 for the speakers shipped. LMK if interested. I'm paypal verified and have %100 feedback on ebay.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 11-20-2005 at 11:07 PM.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I just replaced my door speakers with new, stocker Monsoon pieces. The part numbers are different because the brackets are different between the two doors. Sort of a mirror image deal. I wish I had known about the Infinity set up before I had done it though. I'm not sure how long these are gonna last and the sound clarity is only so-so.

Thread Information