Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ok, next project.....

This is a discussion on ok, next project..... within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; ok, added everything up. More than I thought it was but worth every penny. front speakers 6.5 alpine components and ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ok, added everything up. More than I thought it was but worth every penny.

front speakers 6.5 alpine components and rear 5.25 alpine coaxials: $131.26
    antenna adapter: $6.98
    GM dash kit: $13.60
    Kenwood 945U H/U: $204.99
    Onstar adapter harness: $69.72
    Bazooka 6100 tube: $150.37
    amp install kit: $20.00
    $596.92 total

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Congrats

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Congrats
    I fired it up this morning for Zach while we were waiting on the bus. He was grinning from ear to ear and saying " I can feel the music." My wife has been making fun of me saying I'm like a teenager sitting in his car fine tuning his stereo. Probably the best sounding set up I've ever had but that's not saying much when you look at the stuff that was available when I was in high school. We had 6x9 Jensens and 100 watt power boosters.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I remember back when I was 17 and wanting my first stereo system. Being that funds were VERY limited for me, I used to troll the local flee market and buy off-brand cheap shit....it never sounded very good.

I miss having my system that I had in the 96 Camaro. Kenwood Excelon HU, a MTX 400 watt amp pushing 2 sets of Polk Audio component sets, and (2) separate amps each pushing a MTX 12" sub in a custom box. I also built an amp rack to house all (3) amps. That sounded AMAZING.

Now all I have in the Impala is the OEM Bose system with XM radio. Gets the job done...kinda

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I remember back when I was 17 and wanting my first stereo system. Being that funds were VERY limited for me, I used to troll the local flee market and buy off-brand cheap shit....it never sounded very good.

I miss having my system that I had in the 96 Camaro. Kenwood Excelon HU, a MTX 400 watt amp pushing 2 sets of Polk Audio component sets, and (2) separate amps each pushing a MTX 12" sub in a custom box. I also built an amp rack to house all (3) amps. That sounded AMAZING.

Now all I have in the Impala is the OEM Bose system with XM radio. Gets the job done...kinda
    I left the door open to add an amp to the door speakers but I think I'm probably done. I rarely if ever listen to the radio real loud and it's plenty loud enough now the way it sits. I just wanted something that sounded decent.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'd say you did extremely well for what you spent. The quality and workmanship of car audio gear today far exceeds what was done 15 years ago.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd say you did extremely well for what you spent. The quality and workmanship of car audio gear today far exceeds what was done 15 years ago.
    yeah, the radios back then are nothing compared to what's out there now. That sub makes a pretty big difference too. I'd say you could end up with a pretty decent sounding system for about half what I spent. Wally world sony with pioneer speakers and a powered sub. Probably get all that for $200something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information