94 Z28

novice questions

My car is a 94 Z28 with a Bose package. I replaced the stock stereo with a JVC deck a few months ago. There are only 3 speakers total in the car. Two speakers in the doors and a third speaker in the rear compartment which I believe has the amp connected to it.

I want to add a sub or two. I was thinking of the stealth sub enclosures like these http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm so I could still use what little trunk space I have.

Should I run with the 3 speaker set-up I have and just install an amp and sub, or should I get rid of the weird third speaker in the rear compartment and add two new speakers in the panels where the back seats are? There are holes for speakers but nothing is there.

If I wanted to power 4 speakers and a subwoofer, can I buy one amp to do all that or do I need to buy two amps, one for speakers and one for subs? I don't want blow the windows out power I just want a real good sound.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I think that the speaker in the rear is supposed to be a sub. I wonder why there are none in the seat side panels? They were probably blown and someone took them out. Are there wires for them there? I would add speakers in the rear and do the subthump. You could get 1 amp to run it all, just get a 5 channel.

Thread Information