Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Question No Sound from my Monsoon Stereo!

Hey guys,
    I have a 98Z and my sound system has stopped producing any sound! The head unit lights up and seems to function correctly. I replaced it with a friends head unit with no change, still no sound.
    I think it might be the Monsoon amp in the back, so i disconnected it, still nothing works.
    I have an aftermarket amp and im going to use, but is there a way to bypass the monsoon amp or get it to work again?
    Is there a wiring harness I can buy for the Monsoon amp to mount a new amp in its place?

Thanks,
    Ray

98 Ticket Red Z28
    Mods:
    Front/rear sway bars, poly bushings all around, Bilstein Shocks, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pacesetter LT's, 2.5" Custom True Duals over the axle with Magnaflow mufflers, Shortened Pro 5.0 shifter, TurnOne PS pump.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah you can do what I plan on doing a 7" widescreen with memphis component and coax with a belle and and a single 10". Easy to do
    '
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Yeah you can do what I plan on doing a 7" widescreen with memphis component and coax with a belle and and a single 10". Easy to do
    '
    Ok, great...so what do need to do to fix it...

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

From what I have read on the forums only some of the speakers are powered by the monsoon amp. The tweeters and hatch run off the headunit. You could go to the monsoon amp and check for power. There is no plug and play harness to bypass the monsoon amp.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

yeah, thanks for the info
    I went over to best buy to talk to the install techs and they told me that it was most likely the amp. apparently its common for them to die. they also said that there was no bypass for the monsoon, so you have to rewire all the speakers...bla
    so I rewired all but the door speakers on friday, I replaced the headunit for an old one with a broken faceplace (but the sound still work, i just cant tell what i'm looking at) and the monsoon amp with an aftermarket amp from a friend. The hatch speakers and the door speakers will run off of the headunit and the single 10" sub and B pillar speakers will run off the amp. but so far all i have is the sub off the amp and the hatch 4" speakers running off the head unit. i dont have any 4 ohm speakers to replace the doors and B pillars with yet. oh well. its a little bass heavy lol but it will do till i can afford new speakers.

Thread Information