Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New speakers

black
    2000 Trans Am

New speakers

What are some good aftermarket speakers for a 2000 T/A with a stock deck? also what size are they? thanks

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Monsoon or non monsoon?

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Al Hazz View Post
    What are some good aftermarket speakers for a 2000 T/A with a stock deck? also what size are they? thanks
    i used infiniti reference 6½" component speakers for the doors (huge upgrade), bazooka 6½" dual voice coil subs for the back seat area, and alpine sps-400 4½" speakers for the trunk area. Made the system sound completely different in a great way. lots of clarity and more bass.

black
    2000 Trans Am

i have a monsoon.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I ordered a replacement Monsoon speaker from tacreationsusa.com out of Florida. It was brand new in the box and the price was not bad.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    i used infiniti reference 6½" component speakers for the doors (huge upgrade), bazooka 6½" dual voice coil subs for the back seat area, and alpine sps-400 4½" speakers for the trunk area. Made the system sound completely different in a great way. lots of clarity and more bass.
    thats about the setup in considering. did u notice a big difference from the bazooka's? and was it plug and play as described? also, were the rest of the speakers an easy instal? and are you using your stock HU? thanks

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    thats about the setup in considering. did u notice a big difference from the bazooka's? and was it plug and play as described? also, were the rest of the speakers an easy instal? and are you using your stock HU? thanks
    the bazookas def make more bass than stock and they are plug and play. get some dynamat to place around the speakers to help with vibrations. those and the rear hatch speakers are very easy. the doors take a lil longer because u have to take the whole panel off but it wasnt too bad. im on the stock HU and amp. no mods are needed there because the stock system has plenty of power.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    the bazookas def make more bass than stock and they are plug and play. get some dynamat to place around the speakers to help with vibrations. those and the rear hatch speakers are very easy. the doors take a lil longer because u have to take the whole panel off but it wasnt too bad. im on the stock HU and amp. no mods are needed there because the stock system has plenty of power.
    thats awesome to hear. which speaker made the biggest difference? since we have TA's i know some of the setups are different than that of the camaro, so i just want to make sure im getting the right stuff. im no stereo newb, but this monsoon setup if def different from anything else. also, how much did u end up spending with all new speakers? thanks again

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    yeah ive been to this website tons of times. and ill prob buy the bazookas from there. but i was curious more about the door and hatch speakers that Siciliano15 was running.

mr luos, you have any speaker mods done?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

mr luos, you have any speaker mods done?
    Not yet.
    Soon. Monsoon speakers are all starting to blow.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Not yet.
    Soon. Monsoon speakers are all starting to blow.
    yeah mine are all working good as new, its just new is not that good. hard to hear with the t-tops off.

what are your plans? i def want to keep factory hu, just for appearance and theft deterrent. i think aftermarket ones look out of place. i and dont want a big sub box in the rear. so youre kinda limited with these cars. but i guess if you want a big system youll have to get a suburban...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

yeah mine are all working good as new, its just new is not that good. hard to hear with the t-tops off.

what are your plans? i def want to keep factory hu, just for appearance and theft deterrent. i think aftermarket ones look out of place. i and dont want a big sub box in the rear. so youre kinda limited with these cars. but i guess if you want a big system youll have to get a suburban...
    No subs for me. Weight isn't that much of an issue, but I don't want to add to it.

I will probably be going with that cheaper set from Kee.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

sorry to rain on the parade, but if all speakers are working like new and just not loud enough, new ones really aren't going to make a huge difference--especially not in volume. you would be better off spending your money on amplification--the stock setup does lack in power if you want to play your music loud with t-tops off. I guarantee that if you did as little as spend ~150 on a small 50x2 RMS amp and powered your STOCK front speakers with it you would be amazed--and continue to build from there..the speakers would become a more valid issue once amplified--stock tweeters would prolly eventually give up. I currently run 100w x 2 on front door components..and 2 subs in the trunk..
    Last edited by 02WS6dream; 03-02-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

what do you guys think of these speakers paired up with the bazooka 6.5" sub?

6.5" components for the doors
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1197678618335

4" coaxials for the hatch
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1199494465638

one thing i am a little confused about though. is it necessary to use the eternal crossover? or since the car came with components originally, will they hook right up? its my understanding that the crossover is only to convert a coaxial signal to component correct?

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

The distortion you get when you try and turn the monsoon louder to hear with t tops off isn't a mechanical speaker limitation, but a clipping, distored amplifier limitation. new speakers will recieve that same distorted signal, sound the same, and eventually be ruined the same as stock ones..

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    sorry to rain on the parade, but if all speakers are working like new and just not loud enough, new ones really aren't going to make a huge difference--especially not in volume. you would be better off spending your money on amplification--the stock setup does lack in power if you want to play your music loud with t-tops off. I guarantee that if you did as little as spend ~150 on a small 50x2 RMS amp and powered your STOCK front speakers with it you would be amazed--and continue to build from there..the speakers would become a more valid issue once amplified--stock tweeters would prolly eventually give up. I currently run 100w x 2 on front door components..and 2 subs in the trunk..
    thats not a bad idea, but thats a lot more than i was looking to do. i dont want to drop a ton of money in the stereo when i have a lot of other mods i still want to do.

but when i say louder, i more mean that ill be able to turn up the volume with little or no distortion. unlike the factory speakers. the overall sound will be much cleaner and have better highs, mids and lows.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    The distortion you get when you try and turn the monsoon louder to hear with t tops off isn't a mechanical speaker limitation, but a clipping, distored amplifier limitation. new speakers will recieve that same distorted signal, sound the same, and eventually be ruined the same as stock ones..
    well why do people rave about the difference new speakers make? im not saying youre wrong

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

exactly--we have similar goals when it comes to stereo! What I'm trying to explain is that new speakers will distort at the same volume level as your like-new performing stock ones. It isn't the speaker causing the distortion--they are simply reproducing the clipped distorted signal being sent to them by the overdriven stock amp. And I'm not hating on the monsoon amp--it fulfills the needs of plenty of ppl--but listening to nice clear loud music at highway speeds with tops off is out of its league!! You can up a small 50X2 amp for pretty cheap ($100-150); its small, and much more capable than the stock one. Hope this helps! good luck!

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

well why do people rave about the difference new speakers make? im not saying youre wrong
    You were quicker than me! Quality speakers surely can change the sound of the system, no doubt--especially those sail panel subs! But, this change occurs at volume levels that the stock system was capable of. the better sound quality is relatively (to a more powerful amp) small difference and may sound slightly louder..but it won't allow you to crank the volume to a significantly higher level..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information