Artic White
    2002 Z28

new speaker system help !

i was looking to upgrade my stock speakers in my 00 ws6. I already have a sony h/u ( suprisingly good ) and 2 10" memphis subs but am probably gonna get alpines soon. I was wondering if I should replace all speakers or just the door speakers or door and sail panels ? and if I replace just the door speakers can I run them to a 600 watt sony 4 channel amp (also suprisingly good). I am getting a Audiobahn DUB8001 800 Watt Amplifier for the subs ( new alpine typr r's)..any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Forget hatch speakers.

Some people like additional highs in the sails, some like all the highs coming from a front stage more....could put a cheaper set of coaxials there if you wish (just remember that the wires there don't receive a full signal so you'd have to pull wires from hatch or use the HU)

Midbass is always an option in the sails, depending on how your subs respond currently. If your current sail midbass subs are not blown, just leave them.

First thing I would do is invest in a nice strong set of higher end components for the front doors, and amp those. See if that's enough (should be) -- if not, can always add sail coaxials/midbass/nothing/whatever later depending on personal preference.

Thread Information