Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new headunit to factory system

This is a discussion on new headunit to factory system within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; that is all good info except that it doesn't address the factory amp paired to new HU amp issue. the ...

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

that is all good info except that it doesn't address the factory amp paired to new HU amp issue. the monsoon HU sends a line-level output to the factory amp, not an amplified one. So are you assuming no effects when you send an already amplified signal from an aftermarket HU to the factory amp? I have been told it will work for a short period of time before ruining the factory amp (no actual experience; told that by my stereo sales guy when doing a system in my girlfriend's car--he has never given me bad info. in 5 years.). I never considered that route; i replaced w/aftermarket amps, but I agree with what was previously posted--run new speaker wires from back of new HU to speakers (if you dont use the 2 subs behind the front seats, the other four are 4 ohm *i think* or spend some money on new amp(s). Even if they aren't, you could wire them in a way that makes the HU see 4 ohms. hope this is helpful.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    MP3 already sounds like shit anyways so you might as well get the FM transmitter. Sure connecting a ipod to your stereo is convieniant but its nowhere near cd quality IMO.
    i won't argue that mp3 is compressed, and thus less quality. but most of the transmitters are REALLY bad. my g/f wouldn't use her IPOD in the car when all she had was the FM transmitter. For christmas, i wired in an fm modulator behind her dash that the mp3 player plugs into via RCA cable, the car FM antenna also plugs into it, then it plugs into FM antenna jack on radio. Almost as good as mine plugged into Alpine aux; and 1000000 times better than the transmitter.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    MP3 sound quality is a much lower sound quality compared to CD sound quality. In other words you play a song on your mp3 player (ipod) through your stereo(hooked up direct) and you think "hey that sounds pretty damn good!-perfect!" now buy a cd from a store of that very same song and play it through your cd player on your stereo. The CDs sound quality blows off the MP3(ipod) sound quality. The reason is CD format is better than MP3 format because it takes more space on a file therefore producing more realistic high fidelity sound. This is the reason you can put 1,000 songs (or whatever) on a Ipod. If CD format worked in a Ipod you could probably only fit 200 CD songs on the same Ipod that holds 1,000 MP3 songs.
    I agree. I can tell the difference as soon as I got an Ipod. If it wasnt for loosing all my cd's I would take them over an Ipod any day.

98 Z28 M6

Get on ls1tech and go to the stereo section and there is a sticky on this. there is about 3 full post of information on it talking about the amp, speakers and everything. you should be able to find your answer in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information