2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Need some advice on Sony vs. Pioneer

Last Christmas (2010) I got a Kenwood something or another. Frankly I'm sick of it. The screen sucks, the controls suck, bluetooth never works, etc. I paid a good chunk of change for this thing too.

Fast forward 10 months.

I went to walmart today. The have a Sony bluetooth and a pioneer bluetooth both sitting at 100 bucks.

Is one better than the other? Or are they about equal? I liked both of them so I'm up in the air.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i have found that pioneer usually has more 'usable" features such as in depth eq for instance....gives you bettter control of your sound..even in the cheaper models..not to mention they have sufficient output voltage if you decide to add an amplifier. Also, all the pioneer decks ive had have lasted longer than the sony, clarion, kenwood, jvc...whatever....(ive had a lot of car stereos)

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass:2711075
    i have found that pioneer usually has more 'usable" features such as in depth eq for instance....gives you bettter control of your sound..even in the cheaper models..not to mention they have sufficient output voltage if you decide to add an amplifier. Also, all the pioneer decks ive had have lasted longer than the sony, clarion, kenwood, jvc...whatever....(ive had a lot of car stereos)
    Thanks Mike. Yeah I have a sub and amp hooked up already, and to get to that menu on my kenwood is hell. Ive always had Kenwoods. Not no more! Lol

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

IMO Sony Head units BLOW! iv never seen a good one unless you spend $$$ which i think it would still suck.... as for Pioneer they are great head units iv never had a complaint besides the ones iv been looking at wont turn red its either blue or green or something not red as for walmart...walk away... iv never bought any stereo equipment from them and probably never will no matter what the brand is...

JVC units are great IMO iv had one for 4 years and its been in 3 vehicles my 97 Mustang Gt, 83 lifted K10, and now my 96 winter beater Bonneville and still works Perfect and looks perfect and paid $115 for it... my GF also has a $180 JVC in her jimmy i got her for x-mas and the thing works great looks great and is very easy to get around in!

Black
    2000 WS6

You cannot go wrong with Pioneer products.
    Even today, My ELite plasma blows my friends away when they come over to see a movie or sports.
    And this Elite model is over 5 years old, they stopped making them forever.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

LPM
    2000 Z28

+1 for pioneer. Only Sony head unit I had... Couldn't stand it and returned it a week later for a pioneer.

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

what kenwood unit is it? do you want to sell it?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Pioneer is used is competitions, Sony makes explode.
    "Some people live for the rules..... I live for exceptions" N. Hexum

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    what kenwood unit is it? do you want to sell it?
    Yeah I'm willing to sell it. PM me and ill give you the details.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    IMO Sony Head units BLOW! iv never seen a good one unless you spend $$$ which i think it would still suck.... as for Pioneer they are great head units iv never had a complaint besides the ones iv been looking at wont turn red its either blue or green or something not red as for walmart...walk away... iv never bought any stereo equipment from them and probably never will no matter what the brand is...

JVC units are great IMO iv had one for 4 years and its been in 3 vehicles my 97 Mustang Gt, 83 lifted K10, and now my 96 winter beater Bonneville and still works Perfect and looks perfect and paid $115 for it... my GF also has a $180 JVC in her jimmy i got her for x-mas and the thing works great looks great and is very easy to get around in!
    The pioneer at walmart changes to red. Maybe a new thing?

Red
    99 SS

I'm biased, I'm a clarion man lol, the one I have in my car now was 499.99 brand new, I got it off Craigslist NIB for 175 with the hd radio module NIB, its a 3.5 inch LCD screen, Bluetooth hd radio DVD mp3 player has USB plugin, check Craigslist for a head unit you may get lucky like me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    The pioneer at walmart changes to red. Maybe a new thing?
    Must be because my friend got about 2 years ago pretty high end one that only went blue green and white I think... I know there was no red... lol

Thread Information