Results 1 to 13 of 13

Need Monsoons or a comparable replacement.

This is a discussion on Need Monsoons or a comparable replacement. within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; I am not looking for anything super BA. Just need to replace the blown fronts in my Z with minimal ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member mcnoskyimages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    47

    Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Need Monsoons or a comparable replacement.

    I am not looking for anything super BA. Just need to replace the blown fronts in my Z with minimal rewiring. Thoughts? Suggestions?

    Thanx.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Parkton MD
    Age
    53
    Posts
    138

    NBM
    2002 Z28

    They have a complete speaker package for Camaro`s, $279.00.

    www.Keeaudio.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
    They have a complete speaker package for Camaro`s, $279.00.

    www.Keeaudio.com
    THese work with the stock monsoon amp? isnt the front door speaker a 2 AND 4 ohm? i was about to order 2 gm replacements for the front

  4. #4
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    THese work with the stock monsoon amp? isnt the front door speaker a 2 AND 4 ohm? i was about to order 2 gm replacements for the front
    2 ohm mids and subs and 4 ohm tweeters mounted coaxially in the door. 4 ohm in the hatch.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    So are the KEE audio 2 AND 4 ohm in the same speaker? a coax is techincally ONE unit/piece.

  6. #6
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    So are the KEE audio 2 AND 4 ohm in the same speaker? a coax is techincally ONE unit/piece.
    I don't know if the they are. I'm not familiar with them. I've seen a lot of people suggest them though. So, I would guess they are. But, the stockers obviously are.

    I just went with separate tweeters as the coax door speakers are hard to find it seems. I wasn't aware of KEE when I replaced mine.

    I just went with mounting the tweeters separately.

  7. #7
    Junior Member DirtyJerzZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    26

    Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

    Infinity has a set of kappas that are direct replacements. I ended up geting kappas i22.5 for $125 for the set.

  8. #8
    Junior Member DirtyJerzZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    26

    Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

    The infiniti kappas i62.7 are direct replacements. But you can go with lower impedence speakers for the increase the wattage output of the amp for that speaker and is easier on the amp. Don't get higher impedance speakers for they put more of a load on the amp and can damage it.

  9. #9
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerzZ28 View Post
    The infiniti kappas i62.7 are direct replacements. But you can go with lower impedence speakers for the increase the wattage output of the amp for that speaker and is easier on the amp. Don't get higher impedance speakers for they put more of a load on the amp and can damage it.
    Weren't those discontinued?

  10. #10
    Junior Member DirtyJerzZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    26

    Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

    They where, but you could source some off ebay or somewhere on the internet.
    I ended up gettin the i225 they have the tweeters and speaker integrated into one speaker cable, though you could desolder the tweeters and create two separate speakers. Though that model has crossovers built in.

  11. #11
    Can O' Man SiLver_PhOeNiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    75

    Silver
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerzZ28 View Post
    Infinity has a set of kappas that are direct replacements. I ended up geting kappas i22.5 for $125 for the set.
    i searched for them on ebay but couldnt find em. just a whole bunch of 693's and such

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Parkton MD
    Age
    53
    Posts
    138

    NBM
    2002 Z28

    I finally installed the Kee Audio speaker package and they sound really good, its nice to hear clear music again. The install was pretty easy.

  13. #13
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
    I finally installed the Kee Audio speaker package and they sound really good, its nice to hear clear music again. The install was pretty easy.
    That's good to know.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 'maro to firebird monsoons interchangeable?
    By 666ws6 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
  2. Air bag replacement help
    By 9999 in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 01:23 PM
  3. 3 Konig Monsoons for sell
    By DMark in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 09:08 AM
  4. Konig Monsoons & BFG tires
    By sills1 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 09:21 PM
  5. Any comparable 6 1/2 speakers to the Infinity 62.7i?
    By Mike Hawk in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 09:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •