White
    01 Camaro 6speed

My speaker rattles

Well i have a 01 Z and my passenger front speaker rattles bad, cant turn up the volume halfway even. I want a replacement speaker ofcourse not the stock one someothing with more ohms and better quality that i can use with my Mansoon setup without replacing the head unit and all. I dont care how much base i have and all that just get a better quality speaker that doesnt rattle. Is there a speaker thats a direct replacement without any modifications that plugs right in?
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

If you are keeping the stock monsoon setup, there is really no reason spend a lot of money on "high end" speakers. And also notice that the front door speakers are components, or 'seperates', the tweeter and woofer are seperate. Last time I checked, there was no one producing an affordable set of just woofers. You may be best off posting in the parts wanted section and find someone on here that has a stock woofer that they will sell you cheap. I would if I still had mine!!

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

The reason I say not to spend 200-500 on a new component set is that if you're keeping the stock system/amplifier the sound quality will not be noticeably improved simply by adding better speakers. The monsoon speakers are not 'crap'. The amp in my opinion is. Speakers most often get damaged from an underpowered amp; not from too much power--trying to play the stock amp louder than it safely capable sends a clipped audio signal that burns up speakers--whether they are the stock ones or $1000 ones. If you're happy with the volume/sound, spend a couple dollars on a stock replacement. my $.02-.03. Good luck!

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Just came across this too if it helps..$20 for a used one.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I ordered a replacement Monsoon speaker from tacreationsusa.com out of Florida. It was brand new in the box and the price was not bad.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks 02WS6dream, ive bought 2 used ones and they both rattled worse then what i have. Its the cone that does it and as soon as i apply pressure on it, it will go away and sound better. I guess i need to purchase a new one instead of buying used ones since they're plenty used ones out there that rattle. I was told its very common but my other speakers work just fine and have no issues with them just my front passenger which gets to me a bit.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

We had a sponser on this site that I bought some new OEM parts from for relatively cheap--fred beans I think its called--wonder if they're still a sponser here.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

If you want a quick fix then just snip the bass wires going into the speaker. It'll still produce highs and it's great if you don't currently have the cash for the speakers. I did it and it works.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I think infinity makes a speaker that will work. You just need one that has seperate inputs for woofer and tweeter.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    If you want a quick fix then just snip the bass wires going into the speaker. It'll still produce highs and it's great if you don't currently have the cash for the speakers. I did it and it works.
    that would fix the rattling; but would ruin your imaging up front--you don't only loose "bass" but the bulk of voices, strings, guitars, etc...

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    that would fix the rattling; but would ruin your imaging up front--you don't only loose "bass" but the bulk of voices, strings, guitars, etc...
    True. I did it and I've got to say that it's a shit ton better than having my fade to my back speakers only. Right now I've got the high freqs from the front, bass middle, and both from my Polks in the back.

It's only if you don't have any money.

Thread Information